Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Back seat latch rattle

Old 04-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Desert Snow is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
Desert Snow's Tacoma Gallery
Back seat latch rattle

Have a DCSB with 10" sub behind the driver side rear seat. When the sub hits hard and the seat is latched it rattles. The rattle gets a little better when I push it hard against the back wall, but goes away completely when I pull the latch release and it just rests against the back. Definitely the rattle is coming from the latch.

Anybody have this? How did you fix it?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Can you adjust the latch that is in the seat? Maybe add more tension?

if you don't plan on dropping the seat much, put insolite foam around everything that you can and close it. It will wear after time or if you pull the seats down a lot but will work for awhile.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Desert Snow is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
Desert Snow's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I put 2 layers of foam pipe insulation around the latch on the back wall so when the seat is closed it's tighter. It pushes the seat out just enough to keep the latch from rattling. So I turned up the gain on the sub...

Still planning on getting together at Santan to compare systems. Just haven't had time.