Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Best after market harness and dash kit?

Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
pk5 is on a distinguished road
pk5's Tacoma Gallery
Best after market harness and dash kit?

Hi everyone

I am looking for an aftermarket dash kit for my tacoma 2007 double cab. The kit need to be a double din kit. The one that I have in there right now doesn't fit right and seem low quality. What dash kit should I get that is quality and fit well with a tacoma? Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
You haven't told us what you have, and a little searching could yield you an answer. The last time I checked theres only two different companies, Metra and Scosche doing them. Don't like one? Get the other.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Had both, Scosche is WAY better IMO
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
chetweewax is on a distinguished road

chetweewax's Tacoma Gallery
I used a Scosche, only thing I didn't like about it was the plastic mounting brackets
Best after market harness and dash kit?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366241755.099673.jpg
Old 04-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetweewax View Post
I used a Scosche, only thing I didn't like about it was the plastic mounting brackets
Attachment 207544
Why? Do you have issues?

I've not had one single issue with using the mounts. Metra doesn't even come with any and using the stock metal mounts make the deck sit at an odd angle.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
chetweewax is on a distinguished road

chetweewax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Why? Do you have issues?

I've not had one single issue with using the mounts. Metra doesn't even come with any and using the stock metal mounts make the deck sit at an odd angle.
I haven't had any issues with mine, the fit and color match to the dash are great, just thought the plastic was cheap, just my opinion
Old 04-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha! I was wondering as I've used this kit in a few trucks and some of those trucks wheel really hard, not one issue. With 4 mounting points it gets nice and sturdy.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
pk5 is on a distinguished road
pk5's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone.

Which kit is this one?

and is it recommended? I think I have Scorsche but I just don't like how the emergency button is recessed in the kit and how the plastic feel cheap even though the texture does match the original front.