Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Sound / vibration dampening

Old 04-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
Deanno33 is on a distinguished road
Deanno33's Tacoma Gallery
Sound / vibration dampening

Hey...ordered my 2013 TRD OR tacoma last night and looking forward to getting it. I know with my 07 I used dynamat and closed cell foam in the four doors and it made a noticeable difference. I see folks on this forum talking about RAAM mat? Seems everyone is happy with their product. Can someone tell me how to order and get forum discount? I would appreciate it. Also, if you have suggestion of something different...cheaper than dynamat. eBay has alot of less expensive versions and it appears some get really good reviews.

Finally, suggestion for sound proofing after vibration? I was again hoping for something less expensive but effective. At one time I heard of people using 3M spray adhesive and carpet pad with good results. Sounds kinda odd but if it works could be a real option. Anyone try that? Thanks all.
deanno
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
I'd hate to beat a dead horse, but there are tons of threads on this forum that will address all of your questions. The search function works very well.

Here is a thread I started about the RAAM products.....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-products.html

Hope it helps.....good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanno33 View Post
Hey...ordered my 2013 TRD OR tacoma last night and looking forward to getting it. I know with my 07 I used dynamat and closed cell foam in the four doors and it made a noticeable difference. I see folks on this forum talking about RAAM mat? Seems everyone is happy with their product. Can someone tell me how to order and get forum discount? I would appreciate it. Also, if you have suggestion of something different...cheaper than dynamat. eBay has alot of less expensive versions and it appears some get really good reviews.

Finally, suggestion for sound proofing after vibration? I was again hoping for something less expensive but effective. At one time I heard of people using 3M spray adhesive and carpet pad with good results. Sounds kinda odd but if it works could be a real option. Anyone try that? Thanks all.
deanno
Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Soundproofing requires seamless mass to block sound. Soft, light things dont block sound, they are good for vibration isolation: get mass loaded vinyl to sound proof.