Notices

Stock front speakers low volume

Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
slatercat will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: Josh
slatercat's Tacoma Gallery
Stock front speakers low volume

I dont know why I didnt notice earlier, but the front speakers in my truck are very soft compared to the rears. Even faded to the front. THe sound doesnt seem distorted or crackly. Just quiet.

Any ideas?

Blown speakers or bad head unit?

I dont play music loud in my truck, but it could have been that way when I bought it.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
What equipment do you have for stereo?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #3

Air Force:
Its non-jbl. Stock 6-disk with sat out of a 2011. All speakers are stock.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Open ground,shorted spkr wire-original radio?
Bad connection? Original speakers are not high fidelity.
1st thought--bad connection.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slatercat View Post
Its non-jbl. Stock 6-disk with sat out of a 2011. All speakers are stock.
that's your problem there, sadly. the factory head unit is really weak. install a new head unit, and you will understand. that is just one of the weak links in the chain.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
If the speakers are popping/crackling then there is physical damage. If they just go quiet, its wear and tear, could be the HU amp going out.. Lots of things.. I'd just start looking at upgrading.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #7

Air Force:
Well rats. They arent making any crackling noise at all. Just very quiet. Ill pull the hu out this weekend and check the connections. I pulled the stock hu out a few months ago. and put this one in. Figured it would be good since it was less than 2 yrs old compared to the 5 yr old one that was in there.

Dear wife... My radio is broke. Guess i have to get a new one with nav.