Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Replacing Speakers

Old 08-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
Banned
tacomaclay is on a distinguished road
tacomaclay's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing Speakers

I want to replace just my speakers but not my stero does anyone know where I can find some that I can just swap out with my factory ones.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
find the speaker size of the ones you want to replace, then just go to any car audio store, or best buy, and buy that size, they should be able to just plug in where the old ones went.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
Banned
tacomaclay is on a distinguished road
tacomaclay's Tacoma Gallery
Can I just them from there and put them in my self?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
I checked the speaker finder thing based on vehicle and model on crutchfield.com, and it seemed to indicate that you could put either 6 1/2 or 5 1/2 round in the tacoma's front or rear "with the included adapter plate", which leads me to believe that it technically uses neither size, and apparently Toyota has made up their own size speaker for our trucks???

I have a set of 6 1/2 3-ways that I pulled out of one of my previous cars laying around and I intend to attempt to put them in without an adapter plate at some point when I have the time (read as it's on my list of things to do but no-where near the top). I'll post the results if you can wait that long.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
Speaker Replacing

Order the TAco Tunes spacers and the harness they will allow you to plug right into the speaker wiring harness and it gives you more magnet room. The stock speakers have the mounts built into they so the adapters are like a must.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
kingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the spacers from taco tunes. After I took the factory speakers out. I found out that you can remove the factory spacer by by using a small screw driver. try this first. this way you dont have to send the new spacers back.