LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Expensive SPOD or DIY?

Old 04-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Expensive SPOD or DIY?

Anyone here have some instructions on building your own relay box or should I fork out the money to buy an SPOD?
Old 11-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Iggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Iggy.'s Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the necro post. I came across this while researching the sPOD.

I just started to build my own and I wanted to see how they were doing theirs. It's pricy but it looks like it's a great system with a lot of features.

I posted this over in the "What have you done today" thread, but I wanted to see if there was some interest here.

I started wiring up my box, like the wine pictured below, and I think I can build these for people if there is enough interest.

The price would be around $100 for the weather proof box, 5 relays, 5 20A fuses, and leads to connect to your switches and accessories. With options for 5 more fuses at 15A.

I know it's not as robust as the sPOD, but it might be a good fit for those who want to DIY with a quality control center that's prewired.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #3
Knuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of lightKnuckles is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jamie
Knuckles's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure why this hasn't generated at least some interest. Looks like one of those things that would save me a whack of time on installation...and my time is valuable to me. I'm going to jump on over to that "what have you done today" thread and see if there is anything being said about it there.

Nice work brother.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of using a SPOD or others... But opted for HELLA.
Cheaper to buy and cheaper to upgrade or add on.
Here is my fuse box & relay box install

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....9&postcount=44
Old 11-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
Iggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Iggy.'s Tacoma Gallery
If there is interest in these let me know. I'm still in the process of building mine now that I have more down time from work.