Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

My USB plug doesn't register my android phone as an mp3 device

Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
RunBD3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
RunBD3's Tacoma Gallery
My USB plug doesn't register my android phone as an mp3 device

Hey everyone. I recently bought a USB cord to connect to my android phone so I could listen to my songs. I plugged it in and switched to the correct mode to play my music off my phone and it worked.

But, after having it work the first time I plugged it in it won't work anymore. Has this happened to anyone else? Cos I was hoping someone had a solution or any idea what happened
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
joeyd27 is on a distinguished road
joeyd27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunBD3 View Post
Hey everyone. I recently bought a USB cord to connect to my android phone so I could listen to my songs. I plugged it in and switched to the correct mode to play my music off my phone and it worked.

But, after having it work the first time I plugged it in it won't work anymore. Has this happened to anyone else? Cos I was hoping someone had a solution or any idea what happened
I haven't tried plugging my android in. I use Bluetooth audio when playing music from my droid. Works good.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
What is your USB option set to for Android? MTP or PTP? Also what version of Android are you running? It's not a truck issue, its the way your android phone is communicating to the truck. The newer version of Android doesn't support Mass Storage Device and only uses MTP and PTP.