Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

confused avh-p4400bh install with jbl tato

Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
IslandBoy86 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 757 AMXS
IslandBoy86's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation confused avh-p4400bh install with jbl tato

As the title says...help me please....anyone have the actual wiring diagram? Am I suppose to splice into the original harness? Or are all the splicing done between the tato and aftermarket head unit harness?
Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
AZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to all

Army:
Name: Jay
AZM9's Tacoma Gallery
Did you order the jbl harness from tacotunes. And don't forget the steering wheel interface. All these plug into the factory plugs and are color coded to splice in at the new head unit.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
I have the pac tato from crutchfield.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
You need to get the JBL stereo harness, its about 100$ if I remember.

OR

Cut your old harness and tap into it.

If you don't know what you are doing I wouldn't suggest cutting the harness.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
You need to get the JBL stereo harness, its about 100$ if I remember.

OR

Cut your old harness and tap into it.

If you don't know what you are doing I wouldn't suggest cutting the harness.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
^^^ I thought that's what the pac tato harness is for?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBoy86 View Post
^^^ I thought that's what the pac tato harness is for?
Sorry you are right.. I thought that was the steering wheel controls only as I didn't look it up.

I don't use harnesses, I wire everything from a fuse block under the hood and use relays. I had the JBL and I refuse to pay that much for something I can build myself.

So to answer your question the open ended wires on the Tato are the ones that will match up to the HU's wiring harness. Then all that plugs into the stock harness for the truck. The colors are typically universal but double check the manual just to be on the safe side.

This should help so you know the color codes for each wire.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Am I crazy or does that say honda element??

I just did that exact same install. You shouldn't have to splice anything if you have all the correct parts. You need the ASWC-1 if you have steering wheel controls. Then you need the PAC-TATO JBL wiring harness. Its a big black box with a shit load of wires coming out of it. Its all plug and play.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
Shaowei is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Shaowei's Tacoma Gallery
It largely depends on how you're going to install the new HU. If you plan to reuse the JBL speakers/Amp/Sub you WILL need the JBL friendly harness. This is it:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127TATO...n-Adapter.html

The free harness that comes from Crutchfield does not work with the JBL harness in the truck.

If you're going to be running speakers off of an amp I would recommend just splicing into your factory harness. The wiring diagram can be found at Post #13 at:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...lp-needed.html
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVT Pablo View Post
^^^ Am I crazy or does that say honda element??

I just did that exact same install. You shouldn't have to splice anything if you have all the correct parts. You need the ASWC-1 if you have steering wheel controls. Then you need the PAC-TATO JBL wiring harness. Its a big black box with a shit load of wires coming out of it. Its all plug and play.
Yes its for an element, however the color of wires for the metra harness are universal and that's what I was referring too.

He won't have to splice, but he does have to hook up the Pac to the new HU.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #11
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I realize this is probably an old thread..

So if you have the PAC TATO wiring harness from crutchfield you do not need the harness that comes standard? You just plug the PAC TATO into the stock plugs and the radio?