1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Theft of receivers/head units

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Yaozer, Apr 26, 2013.

1. May 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    You can add a usb charger, but not to the face of the deck. You can add it to one of the blank spots above the cup holders.

You can't really improve the sound of the stock HU. The stock HU is terrible. Terrible input = terrible output. You can polish a turd but its still a turd.
    If you want to keep stock, look up the alpine indash amp. That's your best bet.

2. May 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    MenDriveTrucks

MenDriveTrucks Member

Member:

Perp stabbed the dude? WTF did he run out there with nothing in his hands? If I think somebody breaking into my shit you better believe I'm going out there with something good. I don't own a gun but I have a nice 3 iron and an aluminum baseball bat. I'll take either of those if all the perp has is a knife.

Thieves make me sick. I think we should do what they do in the middle east. You get caught stealing, you lose your right hand. Do it again you lose the left. Those punks will have to try and smoke their crack pipe with their feet, hahaha.

3. May 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    MenDriveTrucks

MenDriveTrucks Member

Member:
    I already have the USB charger. My question was is there a way to make it so it's more then a charger, to play music from it, with using the OEM deck.

Great song came on radio today and I tried to crank it up and man was I disappointed, the sound was terrible and not very loud.

Think I'm going to just have to get a new deck but I'll be getting a nice alarm as well.

4. May 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    There isn't any way that I've seen to integrate USB for music. I'm sure it could be done but honestly, a new HU is what you want. You want louder, a new HU will fill that need and most have USB on them now.

5. May 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Yaozer

Yaozer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red DCSB TRD Sport
    Flowmaster exhaust, 3" Old Man Emu lift, Konig Countersteer Rims, and too much more.
    The other route would be to get one of those Otto Navi units, but the reviews for those are mixed.

6. May 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    MenDriveTrucks

MenDriveTrucks Member

Member:
    I was just curious. If you go to an audio place to have your gear installed, do you think thieves target these dealers and wait for vehicles that have components installed to follow the people home so they can make the grab at night. Seems more logical then hunting around and looking into windows. I can't stand thieves but it makes sense to me that this would be one way of knowing exactly where to look for some goodies. I'll be having some work done in the next few weeks once I decide on exactly what I want and I'll be sure to look for a tail when I do so. I'll be taking the long way home with about 30 different turns just to make sure I'm free of any tail seeking my goods. Just curious if anybody else does this or maybe has found themselves having a tail after leaving an audio store once goods were installed.

Thanks.

7. May 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    Bajatacoma

Bajatacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off-Road, SR5, 6 speed
    I keep an old towel in the cab that I spread out over the dash and steering wheel to protect it from UV rays* and it covers the stereo (Pioneer 4200 series). And yes, the factory unit sucks as do the speakers.

*I don't really care about the dash, but lots of folks around here cover theirs so it's not suspicious looking.

Products Discussed in

To Top