Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Aftermarket dash lights dim opposite to other dash lights...

Old 04-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Canadian Ambassador
garrettnb is on a distinguished road

Name: Garrett
garrettnb's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket dash lights dim opposite to other dash lights...

So I just installed an ARB compressor under the hood and it all works fine. I couldn't find the dimming circuit for the dash lights to tie into for the switches LED though I finally realized I can tap directly into the rheostat. Did this and it works, but it dims inversely to the rest of the dash lights...

I assume this is due to this circuit having the opposite polarity as expected. Is there something I can do here? I have basic wiring knowledge but can't even figure out what all the 5 pins are on the ARB switch.

I have a 1st gen truck, but my friend with a second gen says he had a similar problem when installing lighted switches.