LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Folding down rear seat with ebay/Amazon dual 10" sub box...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
Senior Member
C Wills is on a distinguished road
 
C Wills's Avatar
Name: Cearyx aka C Gutta
Joined: Oct 2011, #65441
Location: Englewood,nj
Gender: Male
Posts: 209
C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm gonna get the box that river dog has. I'm only gonna run one sub.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #22
Senior Member
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Riverdog's Avatar
Name: Collin
Joined: Oct 2012, #90152
Location: Portland, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 610
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
If you do buy this box, or have bought it already, keep in mind that I had to remove one or more (I can't remember how many) of those tabs that stick out from the back wall. I think that plastic thing/tub behind the seat screws into those tabs. I'm sorry, but I can't remember if I removed them so there would be enough space, or if I just wanted a flat surface to apply Dynamat. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know for sure if you have to remove those tabs.

If you haven't already bought the box, talk to Mr Marv. He would likely know for sure. I haven't done business with him, but everyone else on here says he's the best.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #23
Senior Member
C Wills is on a distinguished road
 
C Wills's Avatar
Name: Cearyx aka C Gutta
Joined: Oct 2011, #65441
Location: Englewood,nj
Gender: Male
Posts: 209
C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
If you do buy this box, or have bought it already, keep in mind that I had to remove one or more (I can't remember how many) of those tabs that stick out from the back wall. I think that plastic thing/tub behind the seat screws into those tabs. I'm sorry, but I can't remember if I removed them so there would be enough space, or if I just wanted a flat surface to apply Dynamat. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know for sure if you have to remove those tabs.

If you haven't already bought the box, talk to Mr Marv. He would likely know for sure. I haven't done business with him, but everyone else on here says he's the best.
How did you Mount your amp/s?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #24
Senior Member
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Riverdog's Avatar
Name: Collin
Joined: Oct 2012, #90152
Location: Portland, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 610
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Wills View Post
How did you Mount your amp/s?
I wanted to keep a pretty low-key look to it all so I mounted the amp to the black plastic thing. I had to remove the shelf on the black plastic thing with a dremel and cut a few holes for wires. I was a little concerned with heat in the beginning, but I've checked it multiple times after running it a long time at high volumes and its never too hot to damage the plastic. If I could do it all over again, I would have mounted it an inch or two higher and ran all the wires through one hole rather than three. I'm not sure why I decided three was better

The amp is a JL Audio XD300/1. I could have gotten a more powerful amp, but I liked the size of this one and its still plenty powerful.



In this picture, you can see the outline of where the shelf used to be and the holes I made for the wires. All that red red cable is for a four-channel amp I have yet to buy. I ran the cables for it to save me time when I eventually buy the amp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #25
Senior Member
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future
 
dtopgun515's Avatar
Name: Darrell
Joined: Feb 2012, #73285
Location: Hey Yall Georgia
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 864
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post


Whats that orange and green thing left of the amp?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #26
Senior Member
C Wills is on a distinguished road
 
C Wills's Avatar
Name: Cearyx aka C Gutta
Joined: Oct 2011, #65441
Location: Englewood,nj
Gender: Male
Posts: 209
C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
I wanted to keep a pretty low-key look to it all so I mounted the amp to the black plastic thing. I had to remove the shelf on the black plastic thing with a dremel and cut a few holes for wires. I was a little concerned with heat in the beginning, but I've checked it multiple times after running it a long time at high volumes and its never too hot to damage the plastic. If I could do it all over again, I would have mounted it an inch or two higher and ran all the wires through one hole rather than three. I'm not sure why I decided three was better

The amp is a JL Audio XD300/1. I could have gotten a more powerful amp, but I liked the size of this one and its still plenty powerful.



In this picture, you can see the outline of where the shelf used to be and the holes I made for the wires. All that red red cable is for a four-channel amp I have yet to buy. I ran the cables for it to save me time when I eventually buy the amp.
That's a nice little setup you have. I like the fact that you still have a lot of room leftover for storage. I decided to go with the amazon box because I want to mount the amp in the middle. I also like the option of adding another sub. Just incase one isn't enough. And if it is enough I could always open the other side and use it for storage. I seen a couple of guys on here do that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #27
Member
CrazyDiamond is on a distinguished road
 
CrazyDiamond's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2013, #98956
Gender: Male
Posts: 40
CrazyDiamond's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Wills View Post
I decided to go with the amazon box because I want to mount the amp in the middle.
That is my plan as well. I test fitted my old 4-channel amp, and it was too tall and too long (old infinity amp) though.

So, I picked up a 4-channel Alpine and a monoblock sub amp. These both will fit in the middle of the subs. It's going to be a tight fit, but they do set in there nicely.

I Just need to fine time to actually install it, and then I'll post some pics. Life just keeps getting in the way...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #28
Senior Member
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Riverdog's Avatar
Name: Collin
Joined: Oct 2012, #90152
Location: Portland, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 610
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Whats that orange and green thing left of the amp?
It's a distribution block. I don't really need it right now since I only have one amp, I just put it in now to save me time later when I get a second amp. The orange and green parts are the fuses themselves. They're very brightly colored for some reason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #29
Senior Member
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Riverdog's Avatar
Name: Collin
Joined: Oct 2012, #90152
Location: Portland, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 610
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Wills View Post
That's a nice little setup you have. I like the fact that you still have a lot of room leftover for storage. I decided to go with the amazon box because I want to mount the amp in the middle. I also like the option of adding another sub. Just incase one isn't enough. And if it is enough I could always open the other side and use it for storage. I seen a couple of guys on here do that.
Thanks! I like your plan of starting with one sub. I like having just one sub. Two would be cool and all, but one suits my needs just fine. Make sure to post up some pictures once you get it all installed to show it all off.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #30
Senior Member
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Riverdog's Avatar
Name: Collin
Joined: Oct 2012, #90152
Location: Portland, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 610
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
So, I picked up a 4-channel Alpine and a monoblock sub amp. These both will fit in the middle of the subs. It's going to be a tight fit, but they do set in there nicely.

I Just need to fine time to actually install it, and then I'll post some pics. Life just keeps getting in the way...
Sounds like you'll have a great system. Sometimes just fining the time to install a system can be the hardest part. Mine took a lot longer than I anticipated. But then again, it was my first sub and amp install. Good luck with your install and be sure to post up some pics of the finished product!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
Member
CrazyDiamond is on a distinguished road
 
CrazyDiamond's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2013, #98956
Gender: Male
Posts: 40
CrazyDiamond's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
Sounds like you'll have a great system. Sometimes just fining the time to install a system can be the hardest part. Mine took a lot longer than I anticipated. But then again, it was my first sub and amp install. Good luck with your install and be sure to post up some pics of the finished product!
I hope mine turns out as clean as yours
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #32
Senior Member
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Riverdog's Avatar
Name: Collin
Joined: Oct 2012, #90152
Location: Portland, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 610
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
I hope mine turns out as clean as yours
Thanks! I hope it does too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #33
Junior Member
hogdoc is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
Joined: Jun 2013, #105979
Location: Id Ho
Gender: Dude
Posts: 15
hogdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Just sink the sub so it fits flush with the front of the box, simple solutions are always the best!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #34
Senior Member
C Wills is on a distinguished road
 
C Wills's Avatar
Name: Cearyx aka C Gutta
Joined: Oct 2011, #65441
Location: Englewood,nj
Gender: Male
Posts: 209
C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
I folded my rear seat down yesterday. I had my dog back there. No problems. I must admit I was a little nervous. All I need is for him to put his foot through my sub. But everything worked out good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #35
Senior Member
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Riverdog's Avatar
Name: Collin
Joined: Oct 2012, #90152
Location: Portland, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 610
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Wills View Post
I folded my rear seat down yesterday. I had my dog back there. No problems. I must admit I was a little nervous. All I need is for him to put his foot through my sub. But everything worked out good.
Nice. Tell your pup to keep up the good work!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amp mounting with eBay dual 10" sub box? CrazyDiamond Audio & Video 5 04-12-2013 06:13 AM
FS: 2nd Gen Double Cab dual 10" Sub Box loknload 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 8 10-11-2012 12:46 AM
Dual 10" Sub Box for 05+ Double Cabs mhunton 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 19 03-21-2012 12:33 PM
07-10 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab Dual 10" Subwoofer Box- Brand New JLamb11 Buy / Sell / Trade 5 03-12-2011 08:41 PM
***SOLD*** 2nd Gen DC Dual 10" Sub Box, Boston Acoustic Subs, Alpine 400w Amp Anthony Buy / Sell / Trade 54 12-10-2008 12:09 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.