LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Folding down rear seat with ebay/Amazon dual 10" sub box...

Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
C Wills is on a distinguished road

Name: Cearyx aka C Gutta
C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm gonna get the box that river dog has. I'm only gonna run one sub.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #22
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
If you do buy this box, or have bought it already, keep in mind that I had to remove one or more (I can't remember how many) of those tabs that stick out from the back wall. I think that plastic thing/tub behind the seat screws into those tabs. I'm sorry, but I can't remember if I removed them so there would be enough space, or if I just wanted a flat surface to apply Dynamat. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know for sure if you have to remove those tabs.

If you haven't already bought the box, talk to Mr Marv. He would likely know for sure. I haven't done business with him, but everyone else on here says he's the best.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #23

C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
If you do buy this box, or have bought it already, keep in mind that I had to remove one or more (I can't remember how many) of those tabs that stick out from the back wall. I think that plastic thing/tub behind the seat screws into those tabs. I'm sorry, but I can't remember if I removed them so there would be enough space, or if I just wanted a flat surface to apply Dynamat. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know for sure if you have to remove those tabs.

If you haven't already bought the box, talk to Mr Marv. He would likely know for sure. I haven't done business with him, but everyone else on here says he's the best.
How did you Mount your amp/s?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #24
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Wills View Post
How did you Mount your amp/s?
I wanted to keep a pretty low-key look to it all so I mounted the amp to the black plastic thing. I had to remove the shelf on the black plastic thing with a dremel and cut a few holes for wires. I was a little concerned with heat in the beginning, but I've checked it multiple times after running it a long time at high volumes and its never too hot to damage the plastic. If I could do it all over again, I would have mounted it an inch or two higher and ran all the wires through one hole rather than three. I'm not sure why I decided three was better

The amp is a JL Audio XD300/1. I could have gotten a more powerful amp, but I liked the size of this one and its still plenty powerful.

In this picture, you can see the outline of where the shelf used to be and the holes I made for the wires. All that red red cable is for a four-channel amp I have yet to buy. I ran the cables for it to save me time when I eventually buy the amp.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #25
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Whats that orange and green thing left of the amp?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #26

C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wanted to keep a pretty low-key look to it all so I mounted the amp to the black plastic thing. I had to remove the shelf on the black plastic thing with a dremel and cut a few holes for wires. I was a little concerned with heat in the beginning, but I've checked it multiple times after running it a long time at high volumes and its never too hot to damage the plastic. If I could do it all over again, I would have mounted it an inch or two higher and ran all the wires through one hole rather than three. I'm not sure why I decided three was better

The amp is a JL Audio XD300/1. I could have gotten a more powerful amp, but I liked the size of this one and its still plenty powerful.

In this picture, you can see the outline of where the shelf used to be and the holes I made for the wires. All that red red cable is for a four-channel amp I have yet to buy. I ran the cables for it to save me time when I eventually buy the amp.
That's a nice little setup you have. I like the fact that you still have a lot of room leftover for storage. I decided to go with the amazon box because I want to mount the amp in the middle. I also like the option of adding another sub. Just incase one isn't enough. And if it is enough I could always open the other side and use it for storage. I seen a couple of guys on here do that.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #27
CrazyDiamond is on a distinguished road

CrazyDiamond's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I decided to go with the amazon box because I want to mount the amp in the middle.
That is my plan as well. I test fitted my old 4-channel amp, and it was too tall and too long (old infinity amp) though.

So, I picked up a 4-channel Alpine and a monoblock sub amp. These both will fit in the middle of the subs. It's going to be a tight fit, but they do set in there nicely.

I Just need to fine time to actually install it, and then I'll post some pics. Life just keeps getting in the way...
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Whats that orange and green thing left of the amp?
It's a distribution block. I don't really need it right now since I only have one amp, I just put it in now to save me time later when I get a second amp. The orange and green parts are the fuses themselves. They're very brightly colored for some reason.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #29

Quote:
That's a nice little setup you have. I like the fact that you still have a lot of room leftover for storage. I decided to go with the amazon box because I want to mount the amp in the middle. I also like the option of adding another sub. Just incase one isn't enough. And if it is enough I could always open the other side and use it for storage. I seen a couple of guys on here do that.
Thanks! I like your plan of starting with one sub. I like having just one sub. Two would be cool and all, but one suits my needs just fine. Make sure to post up some pictures once you get it all installed to show it all off.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
So, I picked up a 4-channel Alpine and a monoblock sub amp. These both will fit in the middle of the subs. It's going to be a tight fit, but they do set in there nicely.

I Just need to fine time to actually install it, and then I'll post some pics. Life just keeps getting in the way...
Sounds like you'll have a great system. Sometimes just fining the time to install a system can be the hardest part. Mine took a lot longer than I anticipated. But then again, it was my first sub and amp install. Good luck with your install and be sure to post up some pics of the finished product!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
CrazyDiamond is on a distinguished road

CrazyDiamond's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds like you'll have a great system. Sometimes just fining the time to install a system can be the hardest part. Mine took a lot longer than I anticipated. But then again, it was my first sub and amp install. Good luck with your install and be sure to post up some pics of the finished product!
I hope mine turns out as clean as yours
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
I hope mine turns out as clean as yours
Thanks! I hope it does too.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #33
hogdoc is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
hogdoc's Tacoma Gallery
Just sink the sub so it fits flush with the front of the box, simple solutions are always the best!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #34

C Wills's Tacoma Gallery
I folded my rear seat down yesterday. I had my dog back there. No problems. I must admit I was a little nervous. All I need is for him to put his foot through my sub. But everything worked out good.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #35

Quote:
I folded my rear seat down yesterday. I had my dog back there. No problems. I must admit I was a little nervous. All I need is for him to put his foot through my sub. But everything worked out good.
Nice. Tell your pup to keep up the good work!