1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FM Stereo Receiver help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mc79, May 1, 2013.

1. May 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    mc79

mc79 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hatfield & McCoy WV area
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    winch
    Very Nice site.
    Hopefully one of you young boys or girls help this poor 51 year old man find out now days who or what company you think put's out the very best FM/ CD Stereo to buy that pick's up FM radio stations the best long ways off in your opinion..

For years with factory radios, I try FM boosters and everything else nothing has worked, But now my kids are all grown up now and the old man got a little bit of money to spend on myself & just might get wild with Lift Kit too for my 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Black reg. cab. 4 Banger..

Little background hopefully help you understand the question, I live in Southern WV where we have very narrow hollows what we call them around here but they in-between very steep tall mt's .. I even try that XM sat. Radio and even that fancy equipment would go in and out on you trying pick up the station so much you think you going have to stop and buy you some Preparation H you get so upset just trying listen to a good radio station coming home.. ( Now no harm was meant to no one just like joke to make you smile)..

When I was young we bought Pioneer supertuners after market radios. But that been long time ago..
    It be a huge great help money wise and all if any of you can give what you honest think about this question before I go and buy a after market radio and it will not work as good as them salesmen always try to say they will.

Respectfully
    MC79

PS; I search and searched this Audio & Video thread and I never could find any thread like this.. If I did anything wrong please excuse this long time looker and dreamer, but now the old man got a little extra money to spend on myself now.. I guess I will look funny, A old gray hair man driving around in a big high lifted mud covered Taco:)
    But I sure will have a big smile on my face..

Thank's

2. May 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    You say you tried sat radio but failed to mention any equipment used. Antenna location and type is key. Most FM for current decks is a total afterthought. Money is spent everywhere BUT the AM/FM receiver sections unfortunately.

3. May 2, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    CrazyDiamond

CrazyDiamond Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 TRD / DC / SB
    I recently put in a new Pioneer double-din head unit. I can tell you that the tuner is MARGINALLY better than the original Toyota tuner. I would not say it is a night and day difference though. I can just get a slightly stronger signal on some faint stations. I think you'll be in the same situation with a new head unit.

4. May 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    mc79

mc79 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hatfield & McCoy WV area
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    winch
    Sure thank you to everybody with the help.

I think I am going today and buy a good Pioneer system with FM booster for my 2011 Taco and hope for the best..

I drove & ride in couple autos with Sat. XM radio in them and all of them loose signals around mt's curves and have dead spots in my area where I live..

I put a little small Sat XM radio I bought for my ATV 4-Wheeler in my old 2002 Taco and put antenna in middle of top of the roof and it did the very same thing loose it signal just enough to be a pain.

Only time I seen sat. system's work like they should is while in both ATV's & Taco Truck trail riding on top of our mountains..

I live in middle of WV Hatfield & McCoy ATV Trail system area so some of you trail rider's my have had ran across the same problem.. I seen License Plates from all over US and Canada of people come in riding our ATV trails..

One problem is we have very few radio stations near this area..

Maybe I should need to invest my money heavy into The Preparation H company so I can get discount in buying it by the box loads.. Can't laugh at your self no need make jokes..

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top