Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

connecting factory antenna plug to aftermarket head unit

Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
tstout23 is on a distinguished road
tstout23's Tacoma Gallery
connecting factory antenna plug to aftermarket head unit

i have a 2013 tacoma non entune and im installing pioneer avic x940bt and i need to know how to hook up my trucks antenna to the pioneer head unit. my truck has a connector plug and my head unit has the standard round plug antenna
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Need an adapter. Go to a stereo shop or best buy or something. They can show you the correct one. Or go on Critchfield and look it up. They are pretty cheap
Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
theres a blue wire that comes off the antenna adapter, what does that need to be hooked up to?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes. On the wire harness for the after market radio, there is a solid blue wire thy matches. Those get connected.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Yes. On the wire harness for the after market radio, there is a solid blue wire thy matches. Those get connected.

UPDATE - there isnt a blue wire on the pioneer wiring harness. there is a solid blue wire on the metra harness but i believe that is for power antennas. i didnt hook the blue wire up to anything and my radio works perfectly
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstout23 View Post
UPDATE - there isnt a blue wire on the pioneer wiring harness. there is a solid blue wire on the metra harness but i believe that is for power antennas. i didnt hook the blue wire up to anything and my radio works perfectly
I'm pretty sure the pioneer had a solid blue. If not, you can connect it to the blue/white on the pioneer side. It'll work fine without it, but if your radio reception sucks then you'll need to connect it.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
It is for the power antenna. Our trucks have a signal booster. I had to use a Lexus antenna adapter.