Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Backup camera to stock head unit?

Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
VazBro is on a distinguished road

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Backup camera to stock head unit?

Hi everybody
I have a 2013 Tacoma with touch screen bluetooth head unit. I have a backup camera in my rearview mirror but I was wondering if I can attach additional camera to my OEM head unit.

The idea is to add a side view camera (two backup cameras) on each side of the front bumper and monitor the incoming traffic on the blind intersections. This way I won't get potentially T-boned!! :-)

I can put a video switch in between cameras and the head unit so I can switch between the right and left camera.

Here is what my head unit look like.

Thanks in advance for your helpBackup camera to stock head unit?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368036596.742008.jpg
Old 06-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #2

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Search around..I think I've seen a few posts about it. You'll have to tap into the factory wiring and connect it with an RCA cable. Doable, but I'm not positive as to how you'd go about it. That's on my list of things to do too
Old 06-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
I'm Looking Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazBro View Post
Hi everybody
I have a 2013 Tacoma with touch screen bluetooth head unit. I have a backup camera in my rearview mirror but I was wondering if I can attach additional camera to my OEM head unit.

The idea is to add a side view camera (two backup cameras) on each side of the front bumper and monitor the incoming traffic on the blind intersections. This way I won't get potentially T-boned!! :-)

I can put a video switch in between cameras and the head unit so I can switch between the right and left camera.

Here is what my head unit look like.

Thanks in advance for your helpAttachment 211422

eBay has a kit for $70.00 but that seems crazy for a wire with 2 connectors on it. If you find how HOW, please share!

thanks,

tom
Old 06-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
payrow is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
payrow's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #6

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommiet View Post
eBay has a kit for $70.00 but that seems crazy for a wire with 2 connectors on it. If you find how HOW, please share!

thanks,

tom
Hi Tom,
I maybe interested but I can't find it on eBay. Would you send a link to the adapter please?
I would really appreciate it.

Ray
Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazBro View Post
Hi Tom,
I maybe interested but I can't find it on eBay. Would you send a link to the adapter please?
I would really appreciate it.

Ray
The seller does not have an active add now, but I did find the the last one.
Search eBay for item #181151718356
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #8

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommiet View Post
The seller does not have an active add now, but I did find the the last one.
Search eBay for item #181151718356
Got it! Thanks a lot. You are right. That is a lot if money for a price of wire. I think it is the convenience that we are paying for. Somebody else did the work.