Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Shallow Sub?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
luvdataco is on a distinguished road
Army:
luvdataco's Tacoma Gallery
Shallow Sub?

I just bought a 2013 Double Cab. And I am wondering if i need to get shallow subs for my audio upgrade. I had two 10" rockford fosgate P2D2's in my Xterra and the sound was great. They are brand new and I dont want to get rid of them. Will they fit behind the seat or do I need to sell them and get shallow subs? Please help.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
See if you can get a custom box made or try to do it yourself. I've seen a badass setup in a certain taco, rear plastic removed with a custom box & 3 JL pancakes. It was super clean
Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
I would suggest sundown sd2 10's with a mr marv box. this is the setup I will shoot for. I've read that shallow subs do not hit as hard as conventional subs, but the sd2's are shallow enough to fit in a box for your DC.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
You can easily get 5" mounting depth behind the rear seats. You can get 5.5" by thinning the box's back wall for mount depth. Any more then that and you are modifying seat backs/brackets/etc.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Mounting depth on that sub is almost 6 inches if I looked at the right specs online.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
luvdataco is on a distinguished road
Army:
luvdataco's Tacoma Gallery
well it sounds like im going to have to get new subs. what do you suggest. i really like the rockford fosgate P2's they hit really nice. so what is a good sub that will fit in my double cab
Old 05-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
I would suggest sundown sd2 10's with a mr marv box. this is the setup I will shoot for. I've read that shallow subs do not hit as hard as conventional subs, but the sd2's are shallow enough to fit in a box for your DC.
This ^^. I run one 10 and it's PLENTY enough and I run this box with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-T-05-2013-...item1c2e932dff

http://www.emfcaraudio.com/sundown-audio-sd2-10-dual-4/
Old 05-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Look into SuperCrewSounds sub boxes with the extra mounting depth. What they do is cut a hole in the back of the box, and seal it with 1/4" MDF. When I got my box, I sealed it a little more with some fiberglass resin. My JL W3 has a mounting depth of 5.96 inches, and it fits perfect, and with my new amp, rattles my teeth. Check it out.
http://www.supercrewsound.com/05tacomadbldual.html
Old 01-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #9
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
Look into SuperCrewSounds sub boxes with the extra mounting depth. What they do is cut a hole in the back of the box, and seal it with 1/4" MDF. When I got my box, I sealed it a little more with some fiberglass resin. My JL W3 has a mounting depth of 5.96 inches, and it fits perfect, and with my new amp, rattles my teeth. Check it out.
http://www.supercrewsound.com/05tacomadbldual.html
Sub'd for this website later :0