Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Enough amp watts?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Enough amp watts?

Hello body,

Just got some questions about replacement speaker for 2nd gen. tacoma. I got a pair of XPLOD XS-V6942A which are rated at 320 watts max/80W rated power with 4 way speakers and the size is 6X9.

I bought those speakers a long time ago but never used them so I would like to replace my front original speakers with those one and wanted to know if the autostereo's amplifier (50WX4) JVC will have enough power to supply my speakers?

Besides if anyone has ever used sony speakers, how do you like it?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Your speakers will work just fine off the head unit alone. In fact I highly recommend only using the head unit and NO amp for those. Despite the high wattage "ratings" Sony tends to blow their rating out of proportion and they are not very accurate. Those speakers can't handle an amp. Sony Xplode is fairly poor quality product to be honest. They may still sound about the same as stock maybe slightly better, but that's about all you'll get from them. But if u already have then, then just use them. No amp.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Your speakers will work just fine off the head unit alone. In fact I highly recommend only using the head unit and NO amp for those. Despite the high wattage "ratings" Sony tends to blow their rating out of proportion and they are not very accurate. Those speakers can't handle an amp. Sony Xplode is fairly poor quality product to be honest. They may still sound about the same as stock maybe slightly better, but that's about all you'll get from them. But if u already have then, then just use them. No amp.
Oh thanks, so I think I will sell those speakers to get those http://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO938-9-I...pr_product_top

JBL!