1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DVD HU + Computer?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DanGer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Feb 20, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    DanGer

DanGer [OP] Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Hey, just a quick question about DVD/NAV head units. I am toying with the idea of getting one (after taxes come back it will be much more than toying) and a question popped into my mind. Do any of these head units come with an input that I could hook my laptop up to to clone the screen? Not necesarily a VGA but an S video as well. I am doubting the whole think because I would also have to hook up a audio input but I was wondering if any of you had any experiance with this.
    Thanks

2. Feb 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I'd imagine you ca do it, as at the very least you can get a S-Video to RCA adapter from Radio Shack. From there, you can get a headphone jack to RCA adapter, and then you'd have sound.

but the big question is, why do you want to take a 15" or better screen and make it display on a 4" or less screen?

Products Discussed in

To Top