Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Which subs to go with?

Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
hotrodbanshee is on a distinguished road
Name: Clayton
hotrodbanshee's Tacoma Gallery
Which subs to go with?

Wanting to put subs in my wifes double cab 2012 behind the passeneger side back seat. Looking to put 2 sundown audio sd2 8" subs or one alpine shallow mount 12" sub. Really don't know witch direction to go. I will build my own box and it will be a sealed box. We listen to country, rock, and rap.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Both of those setups will sound good. The 8's should be tighter and the 12 will be a little deeper. Correct me if I'm wrong folks.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with the 12" for the deeper bass.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my 8" but it isn't very good for rap. Its perfect for real music though
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
How about two Alpine SWR-8D2 in a sealed box. Anybody have any expirence with these. The box I want to build will have around .86cubic ft. I either want to go with 2 8" or 1 12" shallow.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got teo focal 10"'s and its amazing
Old 05-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I did two shallow 12's. works well but misses some frequencies due to being on lower limit of airspace. If/when I do it over I would do two 10's, best all around size for variety of music
Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
I am leaning towards the 2 sundown sd-8's. When I build my box is it best to put a divider in the box so each sub will have its own compartment?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodbanshee View Post
I am leaning towards the 2 sundown sd-8's. When I build my box is it best to put a divider in the box so each sub will have its own compartment?
Yes each sub needs to be in its own chamber.