Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

ported sub box question???

Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
ported sub box question???

Hi tw i have a 12inch sub in a ported box in my dc it's weird when i open the passenger door it gets louder i have the box behind the passenger seat. So my question is where should i put it for the max air to get into the box.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
Hi tw i have a 12inch sub in a ported box in my dc it's weird when i open the passenger door it gets louder i have the box behind the passenger seat. So my question is where should i put it for the max air to get into the box.
It's always going to have more power with the extra available airspace when you open the door. Wherever you put it, you'll get about the same performance as long as you're not cramming it under seats or placing the subs face down. Put it somewhere where it can breath the most
Old 05-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
What sub/box do you have? Pic's?