Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Dash Cam DVR

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Dash Cam DVR

Anyone have a good dash cam they recommend? Some of the other threads on this seem dated. Looking for newer stuff.

I am not really looking for the cheapest POS out there. Its for my business so I want to get a good one.

I am using a gopro now. I am getting tired of starting and stopping the thing all the time and deleting the memory with the computer. Doesn't seem like a big deal but dealing with it 7 days a weeks is getting lame.

I drive around all the time from appointment to appointment all day long and fill the 32 gb card every day. Sometimes I even fill it before the day is over.

What do you have and how do you like it?

What I really want is one with HD 1080p, dual cameras (one to see me die in an accident), turns on when the truck starts and it starts recording automatically, loop recording (so I don't have to delete every damn day), some sort of SOS button to save the last few minutes and the next few minutes.

So if you have any vid of yours to show how good or crappy post it up.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #8
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have that one

I have this one and ....it's light, cheap, and amazingly works great !
need your own 32gb microsd card

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OC:US:3160
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0U00H07450

That one is nice. Has GPS too, so as long as you are driving appropriately, it can tell direction, location, and speed.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #10
BRUCEB is on a distinguished road
BRUCEB's Tacoma Gallery
I have a top dawg dual cam,seems to work good.Has front and rear cams,hooked mine in on the power ports;so comes on and goes off with the key.Has a back up battery,g-force sensor,alot more stuff also,uses a 32g card;records in 1,3,5 min loops,and over writes oldest frames.Best of all,only $159.00,check them out.top dawg electronics.com.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #11
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
What about something like this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yroads.v&hl=en

I haven't used that app (yet), but I've taken some video from my phone mounted on the dash (also have it there to display the torque app) and it seems to work out pretty good.

Products Discussed in this Thread