LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

AVIC F90BT installed

Old 02-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

craigFLA's Tacoma Gallery
AVIC F90BT installed

I didnt take pictures during the install, as it took me all day by the time I got everything wired, soldered, etc.

I installed the mic in the over head console. Its temp'ed right now, as I wanted to try it out to see how far it had to stick down (or out of the console) before I secured it properly. The blue tooth works great with it "flushed up" which is a very clean look. I will pull the console next weekend and secure the mic 100%.

The GPS antenna fit VERY NICELY behind the DS A-pillar as many others have done. My GPS reception is awesome, and the Pioneer GPS antenna was so small it fit perfectly between the grooves on the backside of the A-pillar grab handle (if youve ever had the A-pillar off, youll understand). No cutting, notching, or anything was required for the GPS antenna install = VERY easy and clean.

My truck is an X-SP, and came from the Port with the Carbon Fiber trim accents. While they look nicer to me then the silver, its a PITA to make interior mods etc... I originally sent my Scosche double din kit to some guy in Cali (would have to find the paperwork to remember where), and he "dipped" the whole piece in CF = what you see in pics.

I later found (after much research) that Superior Dash out of Daytona Beach manufacturers the CF overlays for SE Toyota. Once I relocate my Hazard switch & clock to the lower console, and install my Audio COntrol three.1 in the dash, THEN I can send my dash kit to them and they will custom make the piece so it is 100% factory match. Right now, if you look at the last pic, you can clearly see the 1/8" +/- difference between the rest of the dash trim (with the CF overlay) and the scosche kit currently without it...

I did the hardware bypass, and tested it last night watching Indiana Jones while driving in circles around the neighborhood Also, the IPOD is in the glove box = out of site, out of mind.

Once I get my sound deadening done, I can install the rest of my system, and REALLY turn some heads!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
bj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant futurebj462taco has a brilliant future

Name: Mark
bj462taco's Tacoma Gallery
hey were you able to still use the aux imput jack in the cab with the head unit ... oh oh and what about the steering wheel control with the head unit. Can you also show where you mounted the gps antenna. It looks slick and i need one as well. And do you have a link for the update softwere for watching while driving.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #7
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj462taco View Post
hey were you able to still use the aux imput jack in the cab with the head unit ... oh oh and what about the steering wheel control with the head unit. Can you also show where you mounted the gps antenna. It looks slick and i need one as well. And do you have a link for the update softwere for watching while driving.

Im not sure what you mean my aux jack? I ran the IPOD/USB cables to the glove box (removed the the glove box to cleanly run the cable). My IPOD sits hidden in the glove box.

I dont have steering wheel controls, so I havent researched to know how/if they work.

I made sure to by a newer unit with the 2.0 software update. The 2.0 update corrected many of the problems/bugs experienced with the first models. There is a wiring bypass HARDWARE BYPASS that allows you to operate the unit/watch DVD's while driving. Its very very simple, and can be found at www.avic411.com. If your considering 1 of these units, I HIGHLY recommend you spend some time on this site, as there is so much info...

There is a way to do it with the software as well, but I chose the wiring method as its easy, proven.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:17 AM   #8
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigFLA View Post
Im not sure what you mean my aux jack? I ran the IPOD/USB cables to the glove box (removed the the glove box to cleanly run the cable). My IPOD sits hidden in the glove box.

I dont have steering wheel controls, so I havent researched to know how/if they work.

I made sure to by a newer unit with the 2.0 software update. The 2.0 update corrected many of the problems/bugs experienced with the first models. There is a wiring bypass HARDWARE BYPASS that allows you to operate the unit/watch DVD's while driving. Its very very simple, and can be found at www.avic411.com. If your considering 1 of these units, I HIGHLY recommend you spend some time on this site, as there is so much info...

There is a way to do it with the software as well, but I chose the wiring method as its easy, proven.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

avic411 is the shit. im a new member there. also check out crutchfield they have an adapter to use your steering wheel controls.
here is my 700bt
Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #9
stang88 is on a distinguished road
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj462taco View Post
i mounted the gps antenna up under the dash. i wedged it between a air duct and the dash so it wouldnt more. works perfect.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
Tacoma Lover
tablesalt is on a distinguished road

tablesalt's Tacoma Gallery
Man, that sure does look nice.

tablesalt
Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #11

I installed the GPS antenna underneath the drivers side A-pillar. Carefully remove the little tabs at the grab handle, remove the 2 bolts, and remove the pillar. Right between where the bolts go through into the steel cab, the gap is perfect, and the antenna fits like it belongs. easy to hide the wiring, and reception is perfect. Nothing better then a completely stealth install!!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:55 AM   #12
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery

heres some backgrounds for your avic