Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Steering Axxess Wheel Control Interface Kit Pissing me off!!!

Old 05-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
zinnerbug is on a distinguished road
Name: Zino
zinnerbug's Tacoma Gallery
Steering Axxess Wheel Control Interface Kit Pissing me off!!!

So i decided to up the ante and install a new aftermarket double din Kenwood receiver (DDX470) bought from Best buy and i cant seem to get the steering wheel interface kit to work. The closest i have gotten is for th red light to stop blinking on the interface but non of the controllers work.

I have followed every instruction known to man; including the one that comes with the kit but cant seem to get it to work.

In case you are wondering, i purchased the Axxess-ASWC-1 kit. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120ASWC...2862185&awdv=c

Help is great apprieciated!!!

Thanks,
Eddie
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
zinnerbug is on a distinguished road
Name: Zino
zinnerbug's Tacoma Gallery
Its going on a 2011 tacoma prerunner with JBL system
Old 08-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Darren
D4D Hilux Dude's Tacoma Gallery
I am having a similar problem... however, the volumne buttons and the source button works.

I cant figure how to reprogram to get the handsfree buttons to work ro reprogram the seek +/- to preset +/-

I was even trying to get the secondary button function to work... no luck yet

Any advice?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
I installed ASWC-1 with a Pioneer AppRadio3 2 weeks ago. First updated to the latest (I believe it was) 3.15 firmware. You can do it easily with a micro USB cable and a laptop.

I then was getting the blinking red, then the short/long blinks to indicate which wires were connected (these were correct) then the short blips to show it knew I had a Pioneer. Problem was that Track Next/Previous only worked on the Radio. When I hit track next it would skip presets, NOT the frequency. Volume never worked. Bluetooth pickup/hangup worked though. I called Metra easily 8x and Crutchfield as many times. Finally I went down to best buy and bought a new one, cut the harness off the old one, put the new harness in and everything was fixed. What was wrong with the harness? No idea! But the new one fixed everything and manual programming wasn't necessary.

BTW, manual programming failed totally with the old harness. I tried and tired and had Metra on the phone, I followed their docs, etc. nothing worked. It was the harness.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if you've looked at this or not, but here's the directions off of Metra's website for the ASWC-1. This could be the same as what came with the kit though. http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...INST10_web.pdf