Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Tweeter replacement~PLEASE HELP ME

Old 05-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Broseph Stalin will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
Broseph Stalin's Tacoma Gallery
Tweeter replacement~PLEASE HELP ME

Hey guys, so i bought my 2010 4 dr with the "upgraded" JBL system so i wouldn't have to fuck with building a new stereo. 8 months later my drivers door tweeter is blown out.

What would be a good replacement and is compatible???

I no nothing about crossovers or speakers which is why im asking for help and the dealership wanted to bend me over for $190 just in parts for a new tweeter.
Thanks guys any advice is appreciated
Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Broseph Stalin will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
Broseph Stalin's Tacoma Gallery
buhbump
Old 06-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You can check on Ebay for a factory replacement, or check out the Buy/Sell/trade sections on here, as some people who upgrade dump the old stuff pretty cheap. to install, remove the door pannel, un plug the tweeter, and install/plug in the new one. its an easy swap.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
My pass side is blown out too(JBL). Dealer says no, it ain't.

Crutchfield.com has a nice selection of speakers to replace yours.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All...akers.html?l=C
Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
Tolian is on a distinguished road
Tolian's Tacoma Gallery
Can get some nice new front components (tweeters plus the bigger speaker below) for significantly less than that. For instance I just bought a pair of these:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPS6...Size%7c6+3%2f4

Look on Amazon too though, as things are a lot cheaper there from reputable dealers. With Crutchfield you pay a premium for their (admittedly fantastic) customer support.

Good luck with the upgrade!

Tolian