Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CB Radio Information and Installation

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #301
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
I beat the piss out of mine in the woods. Never had I come off, it's a pretty rugged antenna.

Yeah - it's just that last summer, I found myself driving under downed trees quite a bit - where someone had already cut a tunnel thru the branches. I was clearing the trunks with inches to about a foot to spare.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #302
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Name: Brooks
Vanguard's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Vanguard Send a message via Yahoo to Vanguard
sub'd for future
Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #303
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
So how do I connect my antenna to my cb box?

I have a firestick 4'

and this mount for my hood mount

And this coax cable

but it has two of those coupling ends and my mount for the antenna doesn't have a reciprocating piece...

I'm not good at wiring things.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #304
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
You got the wrong mount. You need a mount that the coax will just screw into..That mount looks like a fire ring type mount
Old 04-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #305
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs/Coax_Procg.htm#Using RingSpd Terminals
Old 04-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #306
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think I needed to order this:

Ooops.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #307

Can I do this to my coax:

And get this setup to work?
Old 04-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #308
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
I think I needed to order this:

Ooops.
This is what you need
Old 04-23-2014, 04:51 AM   #309
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li0nel1234 View Post
Can I do this to my coax:

And get this setup to work?
Yes. Use some sealant where the wires come out of the outer jacket.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #311
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I never ended up tuning my Cobra antenna. Think I blew it up. Cannot receive anything! No static or anything.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #312
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I never ended up tuning my Cobra antenna. Think I blew it up. Cannot receive anything! No static or anything.
What happens if you open the squelch? even if you TX with no antenna it should still receive even if you cooked the finals in the radio provided you didn't let all the smoke out. Transmitting into a badly tuned antenna will not hurt the antenna but it will damage the radio.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #313
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
CB Radio Information and Installation

Anyone mount a Wilson 1000 to the relentless hood mount? Imma go look at one today and see if you can just curious. I have the Firestik but can't get SWR below 1.8 plus it bangs like hell on limbs
Old 04-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #314
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
Anyone mount a Wilson 1000 to the relentless hood mount? Imma go look at one today and see if you can just curious. I have the Firestik but can't get SWR below 1.8 plus it bangs like hell on limbs
Is the antenna electrically long or short?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #315
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
What type of Wilson 1000? The trucker is the only one I know that will screw Ito a stud mount.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #316
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Same 1.8 1/40, dips to 1.6 at 19, I really don't "mind" that as much as the antenna itself going crazy in wind and off trees bouncing around ecerywhere
Old 04-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #317

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
What type of Wilson 1000? The trucker is the only one I know that will screw Ito a stud mount.

I don't know yet, I'll find out in about an hour and met you know
Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #318

EMS:
It fits, but can't open the hood lol, I kept it anyway and will do a bracket mount off the side I guess
Old 05-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #320
happyjack87 is on a distinguished road
happyjack87's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread for future use.

Products Discussed in this Thread