CB Radio Information and Installation

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #321
n8dizzlehk91 is on a distinguished road
n8dizzlehk91's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thread!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #322
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 06-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #324
Mr sneed
08PreTac is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
08PreTac's Tacoma Gallery
the more i read the more my head hurts......i have a 10ft whip antenna i want to mount to the front ( near the cab) of my bed....from what i am reading...this can not be done?
Old 06-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #325
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PreTac View Post
the more i read the more my head hurts......i have a 10ft whip antenna i want to mount to the front ( near the cab) of my bed....from what i am reading...this can not be done?
Sure it can, what are you having trouble with? Maybe we can help out.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #326
Mr sneed
08PreTac is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
08PreTac's Tacoma Gallery
From what I am reading...The mount has to be grounded....The beds of the newer tacos are a composite...so no metal to ground to on the inside
Old 06-14-2014, 12:43 AM   #327
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
This is correct. You can purchase mounts with grounding provision built in. And run a ground wire to the nearest point on your chassis. Not only do we need to do this on our beds, but also upfront, for hood-mounts. (The hood hinge is a bad ground connection).
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #328
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
electrical ground =/= ground plane...
Old 06-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #329
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PreTac View Post
With a 10 foot whip I'm sure you'll be fine. There will be enough antenna over the roof for a decent ground plane. The problem people generally have when mounting an antenna in the bed is having an antenna that is too short. The bed rails from what I have heard are grounded by the way but it wouldn't hurt to ground the mount to the frame if you have SWR issues. Good luck!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #330
Back to Back World War Champions
tylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tylershane17's Tacoma Gallery
If you use the lil Wil and run it through the 3rd brake light where do you drill your hole for the coax connector?
Old 07-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #331
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 07-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #332
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylershane17 View Post
If you use the lil Wil and run it through the 3rd brake light where do you drill your hole for the coax connector?
If you're talking about a mag mount, I did something similar on my Runner. I ran the coax thru the rubber grommet and sealed it back up with black rtv; should be some pics in my build thread.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #333
tylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtylershane17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded_Dawg View Post
If you're talking about a mag mount, I did something similar on my Runner. I ran the coax thru the rubber grommet and sealed it back up with black rtv; should be some pics in my build thread.
Thanks man I'll check it out
Old 08-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #334

I read some words of inspiration a while back. The words were "wilson 1000 that shit" can't remember who by but I did exactly that and have never been happier. Had a flat swr across all channels and didn't even have to adjust it.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #335
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylershane17 View Post
I read some words of inspiration a while back. The words were "wilson 1000 that shit" can't remember who by but I did exactly that and have never been happier. Had a flat swr across all channels and didn't even have to adjust it.
Good choice. Love my Wilson 1000.

Products Discussed in this Thread