1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune USB iPhone/iPod Auto Play

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KingKoda, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Jun 5, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    KingKoda

KingKoda [OP] Never Satisfied

Member:
    Palmetto
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD.S DCSB 4x4
    Boosted TRD/URD All Terrain Sleeper w/ Sockmonkey Decals Worth +666HP
    A gripe of mine is the auto playing of my iPhone either via bluetooth or the USB connection through the Entune Audio system.

If I plug my iPhone in and start the truck to pull out of the drive, by the time I get out it is trying to play the first "A" song, even though I never turned the audio on or intended for it to play. I just like to charge my phone.

Or even if I get in the truck and am not plugged in, and turn on the radio, the bluetooth will start connecting and override what I was listening to, requiring me to switch sources again.

Anyone know how to make that stop or if there is an update available?

2. Jul 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    Quadsix

Quadsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Bonaire, Georgia/Palm Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    12 Quadcab TRD Sport Upgrade
    K&N Intake Filter, K&N Cabin Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Tailgate Mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, WeatherTech rain visors/digital floor mats, 6K HID headlights, 4300 HID fog lights, Westin Bullbar, Westin side steps, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Quadrant LED Aux Lights, Bed mat, Rocky Mount Clutch SD Bike Mounts, LED Bed lights, Blue LED shift indicator
    Good luck on trying to find a fix for this. I have been reading countless websites and forums trying to get this changed. It is annoying as crap. Toyota needs to get this entune problem fixed and push out a patch for it. SOON!

3. Jul 4, 2013 at 3:27 AM
    TRD Toy85

TRD Toy85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    loaded 2013 TRD sport
    Just plug your phone into the 12 volt outlet not the USB if you just want to charge .
    I wish mine would play that quick .
    I have nothing but trouble with my entune , I plug my phone in and sometimes It says loading for littery 5 minutes . By the time it connectes and the iPod starts playing I'm normally almost at my destination .

Entune is trash ... Shouldn't of been released into the vehicles yet . Its a joke

4. Sep 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    majorhavok

majorhavok Rabid Conservative

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike in Cali..
    Peoples Republic of Caulifournia
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DoubleCab 4x4
    Ultragauge, ImMrYo mirror, Tailgate lock, Snugtop Rebel Shell.
    + 1 on the pissed and annoyed. if i want to listen to am/fm/xm and get in my car, set the source and stations and go, sometimes i have it autoswitch twice, once because its plugged in and sourced as "ipod" and then after i switch sources again, it will decide it wants to play bluetooth and i have to do it again! Is it the untune or iphone issue? I dont want to disable bluetooth because its great for Siri/telephone when driver but damnit let ME pick my source or at least be able to turn off that feature.

5. Sep 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    There are even some aftermarket head units that will start playing the first song (alphabetically) in the Music app when iPhones are plugged in. I hate it too. The only "solution" I know of on my Sony head unit is to not have any songs in my Music app.

6. Jul 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    mAtTyG04

mAtTyG04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quick Sand OR
    6112 Front Suspension, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Nitto Ridge Grappler - LT285/75R17 C, Rear Blackout Tacoma Badge, De-badged, Icon Rebound Wheels, TRD Grill Gights, CBI Ditch Light Brackets w/ Baja Design Lights, Husky Liners, JBA UCAs, Geenlane Off-road Sliders, Tacotrooper Decal, DuraBump Rear Bump Stops, Pro-clip USA Phone Mount
    I'm having this annoying problem too. Iphone plugged in to usb allowing charging and streaming xm radio. Incoming call on the blue tooth so I stop the xm radio to take the call. As I'm talking on the phone via bluetooth the iphone starts playing music in alphabetical order over my conversation. I'm yet to find a free fix.

7. Jul 23, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    Quadsix

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    K&N Intake Filter, K&N Cabin Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Tailgate Mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, WeatherTech rain visors/digital floor mats, 6K HID headlights, 4300 HID fog lights, Westin Bullbar, Westin side steps, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Quadrant LED Aux Lights, Bed mat, Rocky Mount Clutch SD Bike Mounts, LED Bed lights, Blue LED shift indicator
    Good luck man... So far I still haven't found a fix. What pisses me off is that I have my iPod constantly plugged into the USB. So thats not the issue. What the issue is when the damn iPhone syncs with the truck it automatically switches to Bluetooth. If I wanted bluetooth I would have selected it. For the love of god, c'mon toyota fix this damn problem.

8. Jul 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM
    Revelations

Revelations Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I don't have any problems with my android phone :D doing that. It does act a little funky sometimes. It's like it has a mind of it's own. Sometimes, when I switch the audio to bluetooth, it will autoplay just fine. More often than not though, I have to manually start the music on my phone and it will then stream. The neat thing is that it will also stream my Amazon prime music :cool:

9. Jul 23, 2014 at 7:32 PM
    Quadsix

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I haven't heard much problems with people with Android phones. I have a feeling its a feature that is in apple products. It does the same thing when I when I sync it to my helmet. I have a chatterbox bluetooth on my helmet and the phone starts auto playing, or tries to.

10. Jul 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM
    TXTaco13

TXTaco13 Taco/T4R Enthusiast

Member:
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    4TH GEN V8 4X4 T4R
    '83 CJ7 '19 MT 07
    I thought I was the only one.... this feature drives me insane. :frusty:

11. Jul 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    Revelations

Revelations Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB
    I haven't used an iphone in a long time, but are there music apps you can use instead of the stock app? From what I read briefly on google, it stems from the stock music app that apple uses. Although, I don't know how you would import music to your phone without itunes unless you have it jailbroken (if people still do that?).

12. Jul 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    mAtTyG04

mAtTyG04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quick Sand OR
    6112 Front Suspension, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Nitto Ridge Grappler - LT285/75R17 C, Rear Blackout Tacoma Badge, De-badged, Icon Rebound Wheels, TRD Grill Gights, CBI Ditch Light Brackets w/ Baja Design Lights, Husky Liners, JBA UCAs, Geenlane Off-road Sliders, Tacotrooper Decal, DuraBump Rear Bump Stops, Pro-clip USA Phone Mount
    From what I'm readingon other sites,
    To stop the USB auto play:
    There is no way to change the setting of the USB port on the phone without connecting it to another device. In this case you can connect it to your PC, the USB notification pops up, scroll the notification bar down, selected the USB notification, and then selected Charge Only.
    The only problem I see with this (keep in mind I have not tried it yet) is what happens if you do want to play music through you phone hooked up to USB?

13. Jul 25, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    ThomasDean

ThomasDean Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 Grey Metalic PreRunner
    black leather seats, nerf bars.
    I think its crap that when its playing the "A" list songs, you can't even get an Artist list search. Just Genre or Composer or Playlist. So if Im looking for a group name I don't have much luck.

14. Jul 26, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    TXTaco13

TXTaco13 Taco/T4R Enthusiast

Member:
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    4TH GEN V8 4X4 T4R
    '83 CJ7 '19 MT 07
    I'm definitely going to try this... I only use my phone to stream Pandora, either through bluetooth or plugging it in and using the interface. Too much junk on my phone, no room for storage!

15. Nov 24, 2016 at 10:10 AM
    zappoblappo

zappoblappo New Member

Member:
    I have a 2016 Toyota Rav4 with the dreaded Entune. I love the car, but Entune...not so much. The autoplay feature has been driving me crazy with my iPhone. When I'm listening to audiobooks from my smart phone or having the VoiceOver accessibility option read me Kindle books through the iPhone Kindle app, the autoplay kicks in about every five minutes! There's a pause button on the Entune display that I can hit to silence the music, but then five minutes later, it starts back up again. This is the kind of distraction that makes Florida lawyers drool. (and I live in the NW) Since I work in the software industry, I decided to take advantage of my free parking spot in an overcrowded, day before Thanksgiving parking lot to systematically try everything. The breakthrough came when I realized that I could change my primary Apple music app to "Not use Cellular Data" in a way that is brilliant. When you're driving, it's very unlikely that you'll be connected to a WiFi hotspot! Although I'm using Pandora on my smartphone, the autoplay signal from Entune first goes to the Apple Music app and checks this cellular setting. If you're not on WiFi and cellular data is turned off, the autoplay attempt is blocked. It doesn't look to see if there's anything else to play. It's as if there's an ancient iPod in the Matrix and I've taken away the hardwired rotary phone. The best part is that the bluetooth audio connection continues to work for all other apps. I blissfully listened to my Kindle book through the iPhone's built-in VoiceOver screen reader accessibility feature all the way home.

Products Discussed in

To Top