Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

New JL Stealth Box

Old 06-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
Runamuk06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Don
Runamuk06's Tacoma Gallery
New JL Stealth Box

Anyone have any experience with the new (to me anyway) JL box for the 2012 and up tacomas? Seems they went to a single sub config using a little bit better sub. Wonder how this compares to the older unit?

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...uble-cab-12-up
Old 06-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
That looks sexy, but the price tag does not. I haven't looked in to stereo stuff in about 10 years but want to deck out my '13 taco this year. This is a contender, but it just sounds like a lot of money for 1 sub with a box, but beats me.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap thats alot of $, at first I thought it included the amp and wiring which maybe would of been somewhat more reasonable.

But nope thats for just a sub and box
Old 06-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
That is their list price on JL site. I wonder what the cost is to a shop.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
RRMORG1569 is on a distinguished road
Army: Veteran Combat Medic
Name: Ryan
RRMORG1569's Tacoma Gallery
I have been heavily debating one of these for the truck I just got as well. I was about to get on for the civic I had but had a last minute trade in on my tacoma. Best decision of my life. But the stealth box for the civic hit hard. If you get it let me know how it goes.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
I bought it today along with the XD700/5 amp, C5-650 component separates and C2-650x rear speakers, JL remote sub control, Pioneer AppRadio 3 and lotsa crap.

ETA prob 2.5 weeks they say. Headunit much faster. My supplier waiting on the stealth box as he didn't have it in stock (who would)

Will post up after I have it all in.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
Tj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tj0hn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I bought it today along with the XD700/5 amp, C5-650 component separates and C2-650x rear speakers, JL remote sub control, Pioneer AppRadio 3 and lotsa crap.

ETA prob 2.5 weeks they say. Headunit much faster. My supplier waiting on the stealth box as he didn't have it in stock (who would)

Will post up after I have it all in.
Holy moly batman! You dropped some dough on some nice stuff!! I have the C2-650 components and will be picking up a 700/5 in a week or so to run my system.

Enjoy all that nice stuff though!

Side note - that AppRadio 3 only has 2 Pre-outs...so you can't do true front/rear/sub. Just a heads up.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj0hn View Post
Holy moly batman! You dropped some dough on some nice stuff!! I have the C2-650 components and will be picking up a 700/5 in a week or so to run my system.

Enjoy all that nice stuff though!

Side note - that AppRadio 3 only has 2 Pre-outs...so you can't do true front/rear/sub. Just a heads up.
Yeah that was a big consideration for me that I waited on. I spoke to JL a few times and Crutchfield and they say that splitting the front L to be FL and RL and front R to be FR and RR wont be a major issue, because once you set the fader (via 'sensitivity' on the amp for those channels) it wont be something you touch really again. I wanted the AR3 for running AR Extensions or even possibly switching to Android to run AR Liberator. But ya hopefully this stuff should be killer. TBD.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
Tj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTj0hn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tj0hn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
Yeah that was a big consideration for me that I waited on. I spoke to JL a few times and Crutchfield and they say that splitting the front L to be FL and RL and front R to be FR and RR wont be a major issue, because once you set the fader (via 'sensitivity' on the amp for those channels) it wont be something you touch really again. I wanted the AR3 for running AR Extensions or even possibly switching to Android to run AR Liberator. But ya hopefully this stuff should be killer. TBD.
Oh it will be. I LOVE my JL components and you have the series above mine. The App Radio will work perfectly split like you described. You just loose some of the fine tuning abilities...no big deal.

You will definetly have a audio setup to be jealous of.

Go ahead and google Audio tones and get a 1000Hz and a 50Hz test tones at 0db and put on a disc to tune that amp...read the user manual for the amp...it explains everything.