Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

FRUSTRATED!!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Fatherof2 is on a distinguished road
Fatherof2's Tacoma Gallery
FRUSTRATED!!!

I have a 2004 Tacoma Double Cab, and I just bought a system from Crutchfields. I cant find any help online on how to remove the door panels or the head unit!

I cant get even one door panel off, so I switched to the head unit. Cant get the face plate off either! I dont want to snap or break anything, but it sure does not even seem like I am close. I HATE to pay someone 250 bucks to put this in.

I have gotten a few parts off of each, but it is just not coming off.

Does anyone have a link or any advice? Everything is different from the 05+. Lots of info for those trucks.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried googling it?
Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Yes, I tried to Google it. Everything is for the 05 and up.

Anyway, I just got the damned deck out!

Now the wiring harness is an issue. How do I know which of the stock wires goes to the wires on my deck? There are a lot of wires to splice together. Front left, front right etc.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try a search on here TW?
Old 06-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Can't help you on the head unit. But with the door panels you unscrew the door latch handle (1 screw). You don't have to take it all the way off if your just gonna take out the old speaker and replace it. Those door clips are kinda sturdy so you gotta pull hard. Once they are all out of place, lift it up a little to get the door lock out of its way. Oh, also you may need to pop the window/ door lock switch panel with a flat head, then unplug it. I think you do that for the front doors but don't exactly remember if I did that with the rear doors also. Most of the door clips will probably break so your gonna have to buy more at the auto parts store. If its at auto zone then the clips that work say "Nissan" on the box. Hope this helps... Good luck!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherof2 View Post
Yes, I tried to Google it. Everything is for the 05 and up.

Anyway, I just got the damned deck out!

Now the wiring harness is an issue. How do I know which of the stock wires goes to the wires on my deck? There are a lot of wires to splice together. Front left, front right etc.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!!!

buy this for the truck http://www.amazon.com/electronics/dp/B0002BEQJ8

match the colors up from the headunit harness to the metra harness. then plug it into the stock connectors in the truck
Old 06-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
Thanks for the help guys.

I got the system in.

For anyone else that ever tries to install speakers in an 04 Taco, just know that Crutchfields does not include brackets that will allow you to install the speakers.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
didnt critchfield include instructions on install? i know when i got mine from there they did. was super easy to install.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #9
What's all this, then?
atebit will become famous soon enoughatebit will become famous soon enough

Army: Defend and Serve
atebit's Tacoma Gallery
If you call their tech support they should be able to send you their Master sheets on installing the HU. They will also walk you through any parts you don't understand.

They are usually less helpful on door panel removal/speaker brackets but as a someone previously stated, that part is well do documented on TW.

Products Discussed in this Thread