Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2009 Factory Camera and New Head Unit

Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
DNahas is on a distinguished road

DNahas's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Factory Camera and New Head Unit

My Pioneer AVIC-F900BT arrived and I am about to do the installation. Does anyone know how to hook into the factory rear view camera with an aftermarket head unit?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
seek and ye shall find...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...tml#post405797
Old 02-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
stang88 is on a distinguished road
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNahas View Post
My Pioneer AVIC-F900BT arrived and I am about to do the installation. Does anyone know how to hook into the factory rear view camera with an aftermarket head unit?
i did it and it was very easy
Old 02-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #4

DNahas's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for link.

Am I reading this wrong did you guys tap into the wire up by the mirror?

I hope I am missing something here. With the raido in the dash, I was looking to find it before the mirror.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for link.

Am I reading this wrong did you guys tap into the wire up by the mirror?

I hope I am missing something here. With the raido in the dash, I was looking to find it before the mirror.
i got mine at the mirror and just made a rca and backup wire and ran it to the headunit.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #6

DNahas's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want to have to run more wire than I have too and I am too lazyso I will wait until I can figure out the correct wire.

Does the video input switch over to the camera before the boot is finished?

J/c where did you mount the gps antenna?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't want to have to run more wire than I have too and I am too lazyso I will wait until I can figure out the correct wire.

Does the video input switch over to the camera before the boot is finished?

J/c where did you mount the gps antenna?
i mounted mine under the dash on top of a heater vent... i just wedged it up there so it cant be seen. works perfect.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #8
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
You want to sell your factory head unit?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
You want to sell your factory head unit?
this thread is about 26 months old...good luck.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ha didn't even notice
Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #11

Say bra this thread is 26 months old apparently I'm pretty sure they got it figured out by now lol