1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth won't stay connected

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by heidi4198, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jun 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    heidi4198

heidi4198 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma 4x4TRD Sport w/Nav & Entune
    Just bought a 2013 Tacoma TRD Sport and I can't get the bluetooth to stay connected to my Droid Razr M with Verizon. Once it loses the connection the display audio says bluetooth is off and it won't let me turn it back on. Help!!!

2. Jun 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    WHPLSH3

WHPLSH3 Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...

Member:
    First Name:
    Vance
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Spruce Mica 6spd 4x4
    Build thread coming soon!
    Sounds like a phone settings problem

3. Jun 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    heidi4198

heidi4198 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma 4x4TRD Sport w/Nav & Entune
    My phone is showing the bluetooth being on and I even turned off the wifi on my phone just in case it was causing an interference. The dealership recommended turning the truck off then on again to reset and that did kind of work but really how many times a day can I pull over to do that? Phone settings are fine I think its something to do with the setting of the audio system

4. Jun 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Try a different phone. NOT the same type. It may be your phone regardless if the settings are right.

5. Apr 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    immortalmetal

immortalmetal Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4x4
    I know this is an old thread but maybe I can be of some help.

I have had the same problem with my '13 Tacoma sr5. I've had 2 phones where the Bluetooth will work sometimes, and other times not. it was a Samsung galaxy s3.
    then I got a galaxy s5, and paired the phone to the truck. and it worked for the week I've had the phone. then the phone had some updates, obviously I installed them. then the next day, the phone wasn't being recognized by the truck. it would not connect.
    I tried restarting the phone. still wouldn't work.
    I tried turning off the truck, then start it back up. still wouldn't work.

so what I tried next worked. I unpaired my device from the truck. through the phone I unpaired the truck. then in the Bluetooth settings in the truck where it has the "car multimedia" name and password and "IP" address thingy, I re-scanned in my phone for available devices, and the truck's Bluetooth showed up. and it's worked ever since.

now I don't know if it was because of the update the phone did, or if it's a weird situation with the truck's radio/Bluetooth. i'm more prone to say its the truck, because it's happened to me on more than one occasion, with different phones.

so bottom line, my advice to anyone who's having issues with Bluetooth connectivity in their trucks, un-pair the device....then pair it again like it's a brand new device you're connecting for the first time.

Products Discussed in

To Top