Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Bluetooth disconnects w 2012 JBL Nav / Entune

Old 07-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
luvium is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
luvium's Tacoma Gallery
Get a iPhone! All the connection issues I had were with my android. Got a iPhone ad no problems.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #24
ONCEHADATUNDRA is on a distinguished road
ONCEHADATUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvium View Post
Get a iPhone! All the connection issues I had were with my android. Got a iPhone ad no problems.
Actually, other iPhoners are having the same problems. Its not our phones, its the radio. The apps may be causing the Entune system to get corrupted but its not a particular phone.

I agree with 12TRDTacoma.... give it time.

Again, my Entune got screwed up when I was switching from FM, I had my Soundcloud app open and ready to play a song, but when I switched to BTSU ( or whatever it is) it opened my Google Play music app. I immediately ended that app and started my Soundcloud track (so both apps were open in a sense) and that's when I received the BT connection error for the first time.
Now my unit is corrupted and just drops the BT connection with no way to reconnect unless you turn off the ignition, just to have it fail all over again.

The dealer thought that the 2.2.0 update would fix that, but I've been searching around the web and found a Prius site that explains what the firmware update fixed. They mainly corrected the NAV issues and added some things to the on screen apps, but nothing related to BT issues unfortunately.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #25
I found the info..........

2012 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System and Entune (version
less than 2.1.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
• Vehicle orientation slow to update after vehicle startup
• Five Bing™ search results are not all displayed on the map
• Voice recognition destination request does not provide feedback
• Voice recognition for POI search displays "Function not available" message
• "Car Multimedia" device name cannot be changed
2012 – 2013 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD) and
Entune (version less than 2.2.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
• “Address non-navigable” message when using the navigation system
• Head unit audio does not switch correctly between day and night modes
• Dynamic re-route navigation setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
• Traffic Radius Filter setting is not remembered after ignition cycle
• “You have arrived at your destination” message gives incorrect side of street
• Head unit does not display incoming iPhone iOS 6 text message sender ID
• Head unit does not fully display incoming iPhone iOS 6 text messages which include carriage
returns (line breaks)
Updated system software is now available to address these conditions. Follow the repair procedure
in this bulletin to install the latest software version.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
It's funny you mention that because I use virtually zero apps on my entune. All I use is USB, sattellite radio ocassional FM and Bluetooth audio and hands-free. I can't see how the apps may be corrupting the radio.
All speculation. Who really knows what's going on with this damn thing, lol.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #30
Pacific Sailor
Rasputin is on a distinguished road

Name: Rasputin
Rasputin's Tacoma Gallery
continued...

New week... driving the truck more now that the holiday is over. We'll see what transpires. So far, the dealer updte has worked for me. (Did I just jinx it?) I'll report the status in a few days.

My use is mostly XM/Sirius, AM, FM, some Pandora and BT for phone.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #31
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just got off the phone with Toyota, and they informed me that given the situation I am having it is highly likely that the Bluetooth antenna itself is loose. They recommended me to the dealer so they can take care of it. Given that I do not trust the dealer, I am going to take a try at tightening up that sucker myself. I will more then likely be making a quick write up on how to fix it if I find that it indeed is a problem. I cant wait to tear my truck apart!

One more thing, they also mentioned to me that it is a common problem.. hmm.. that tells me that anybody having the same issues I have has the same problem as I do. Interesting.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I fixed it! It was indeed a hardware issue! Bluetooth is operating like magic now. It's exhilarating! Lol, I will post a how to on how to fix it tomorrow if time permits. Unfortunately in my rush of fixing it I didn't take any pictures but I'll tear it apart just to show. This information needs to spread for future owners!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
Same problems for me as well, although it happens more often when playing music than when making calls. Def a blue tooth thing though, when you connect with the USB cable there's no problems.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #35
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I'm using an S3, never had any issues.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #36
Mid Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIGUNHAWKIX View Post
Same problems for me as well, although it happens more often when playing music than when making calls. Def a blue tooth thing though, when you connect with the USB cable there's no problems.
Have you upgraded your firmware yet? The latest is 2.1.0

If not I have a link to a file which you can download to an SD card then install on your unit.

USB will work fine because it is on a different connection then Bluetooth. I have not had one issue at all since I fixed the antenna myself yesterday, and I have been giving it continuous duty for about 4-5 solid driving hours so far. Not one dropped call(unless its because of shitty cell reception, lol Sprint is garbage), music drop, or anything.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #37
tresmith is on a distinguished road
tresmith's Tacoma Gallery
hello,

Does any of you have a link to the 2.2.0 update?

If not, can one of you who have the 2.2.0 update copy it and make it available online for the rest of us?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #38
drewp is on a distinguished road

drewp's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna kind of resurrect this thread. I have a 2014 w/ Entune Plus. Was having no problems w/ connectivity to my iphone UNTIL about a week ago. So far, no issues w/ phone calls (although I usually don't jabber on the phone that long). Connectivity issues are occurring w/ music (itunes) link. Losing the connection frequently.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #39
Taco Delight is on a distinguished road

Taco Delight's Tacoma Gallery
I just came across this post since I've been having issues with getting a Bluetooth connection too and now my radio/Nav just reboots when it wants to... It was working fine for the first couple months and now this nonsense. Should have kept my 2006.

Need to call the dealer tomorrow. This is unacceptable for a new truck (2014 DCSB w/ Nav & JBL w/ 8k on it)