Notices

Sub-woofer Installation help!!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
osterTACO is on a distinguished road

Name: conley
osterTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Sub-woofer Installation help!!!!

Hello TW,
quick question regarding sub woofer installation...
Is there any way I can install after market subs on a stock head unit?
I barely have the money for subs is there any way I can surpass the use of the after market head unit? My friend has a dodge challenger with a stock head unit that he had professionally installed therefore I know it is somehow possible but do y'all know how this could be done?
Thanks,
-osterTACO
Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
I feel stupid for not knowing sense i do plenty of sub installs for friends... but those are all with after market head units so i'm not really sure on a stock job... so i guess here's to a free bump!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
CBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really nice

CBiscuit14's Tacoma Gallery
I have not done it on a Tacoma, but I believe it requires an adapter that connects the amp to your stock head unit.
I'm about 95% sure it can be done... but may I suggest getting an aftermarket head unit instead. You can get some decent ones relatively cheap and it will give you a little more control. I had a buddy that wanted to do just add a sub to the factory head unit, but it was recommended to get an aftermarket head unit.
Sorry I don't have much detail, but hope this may help.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. You need a RCA line out converter. Those wires will tap into your stock speakers and provide you a RCA output for your amp. Looks like this:

Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
CBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really niceCBiscuit14 is just really nice

CBiscuit14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nguyen View Post
Yes. You need a RCA line out converter. Those wires will tap into your stock speakers and provide you a RCA output for your amp. Looks like this:

Bingo. That's what you would need.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
Yup the picture above is what you need.

For a amp turn on, I used one of these to my accessory fuse. Really easy, I spent the extra cash on a output converter that has a amp turn on built in but you have to wire 12v to it anyways, Was just easier to wire my amp with the 12 volt turn on ..

Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
Yep RCA converter and most likely some wire taps. I had to tap my audi's low speaker.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #8
osterTACO is on a distinguished road

Name: conley
osterTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Ah you guys are the best thank you!