1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

genie mat for MLV?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jamey, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Jul 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    jamey

jamey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mayport, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD Taco
    OME complete 3" lift with dakar leaf pack and AAL's Relentless fab sliders Uniden CB dynomat'd everything Focal 6" speakers 2 Kicker 10" subs JL Audio HD amp Kicker amp HID headlights LED lights in cab, bed of truck, and under hood. raptor lined bed sliders, and skids
    I live in Hawaii and the only place I could find MLV locally was priced at 3.50 per sq foot :eek: sounddeadenershowdown has it much cheaper but shipping to Hawaii would be outrageous.

I did find a building supply store that has something called genie mat that is used for floor insulation. it's made out of recycled tires and is .91 lb's per sq foot. so almost as heavy per sq foot as MLV but made from different material. I'm not sure how thick the MLV is but this stuff is 5mil thick. is that where the difference is? does this stuff tear apart easy?

Anyone ever heard of this stuff? would it work just as good? It's priced at 221 for 4x30 foot. $1.70 is much better than $3.50 if this stuff does the job.

Products Discussed in

To Top