1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth audio question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RyderN17, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Jul 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    RyderN17

RyderN17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryder
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab SR5
    I have a 2013 tacoma with the 6.1" display, and so far it's been great, but there are a couple of things that are bugging me about it.

When my iPhone is connected with bluetooth, my playlists and songs all come up fine. When I browse I can select my playlists, or choose by album, artist, song, etc. But when I select any of those options and choose a song, i'm stuck listening to whatever is in that list.

Example: if I sort by songs and then choose a song, I cannot go back and choose a playlist, sort by artist, etc. I'm stuck scrolling though a huge songs list. The same if I pick a playlist; I cannot go back and choose a different playlist, or select by artist, etc. I can pick browse and look at that specific playlist, but when I hit the back arrow it just takes me back to the main display screen.

The second issue I have is when i choose my source (am, fm, bluetooth, etc) it displays blank boxes, presumably for the sources that don't have anything connected to them (for me it's the auxiliary and cd player). It wouldn't bother me too much, but when I hit the audio button on the dash, it will show the fm box, the am box, and a blank box; then i have to scroll to select the bluetooth box. It's a minor annoyance, but I often switch back and forth, so it's a minor annoyance almost every time I drive. Is there any way to turn off the blank boxes when there's no cd in the player or auxiliary hooked up? Or re-order the boxes?

Has anybody else run into these problems? Are there any known fixes? Thanks in advance for the help. Love the site!

2. Jul 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston SC
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner SR5
    Only solution I have found for the first issue is disconnecting phone and reconnecting it. I find it very annoying as we'll. but no actual fix

Products Discussed in

To Top