Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Any one have experience with ALPINE KTP-445U?

Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: larry
larrybbaker's Tacoma Gallery
Any one have experience with ALPINE KTP-445U?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ktp-445u/

Looking for an easy bump in sound quality/volume. Seems to have decent reviews.

Rather not get into a too laborious install of a "regular" amp, and trying to stick with stock radio... for now anyway.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
My local audio shop sells these left and right from trucks to cars to boats to even motorcycles. For that price and how compact that amp is. You can't go wrong. If you focus on front staging you can always bridge it to run two components up front and run the rear speakers off the deck. It'll improve over stock but it'll blow those cheap stock paper cone speakers. I would install this if you want to run the factory deck with aftermarket speakers. Because no amount of amp power will make those stock speakers sound good.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
i have one, it definitely gets the speakers louder. im running it bridged into 2 channel mode. i use the EQ on the headunit to set Lowpass filters and such.

if you want louder, this is a easy way to go. if you want to really tune the stereo, a true 4 channel amp is your best bet

no complaints.

ill be running one on my next vehichle as well but the Alpine specific one for alpine decks.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the input! It is bought… sitting in the back seat for a convenient time to install. Waiting for anxiety of cutting the stock wiring to pass…

Old 08-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #5

Installed today. Definite improvement in overall sound quality and volume. Will have to tweak gain and filter settings over the next few days. Unit fit nicely above the stock radio - I VELCROed it to the underside of the dash. One tip - add length between the radio out and amp in leads - otherwise you won't be able to fit it in anywhere… learned that the hard way.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
jlleiber has a spectacular aura aboutjlleiber has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
jlleiber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybbaker View Post
Installed today. Definite improvement in overall sound quality and volume. Will have to tweak gain and filter settings over the next few days. Unit fit nicely above the stock radio - I VELCROed it to the underside of the dash. One tip - add length between the radio out and amp in leads - otherwise you won't be able to fit it in anywhere… learned that the hard way.
Have had my eye on this for a while - how was the install and what did you tap into for all the input/power?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlleiber View Post
Have had my eye on this for a while - how was the install and what did you tap into for all the input/power?

Install was pretty painless - like I said add some length to the in wires or you will have a heck of a time getting it in place above the HU. Power - I tapped the HU power lead. Ground went to easily accessible bolt behind glove box. Unit is remote sensing if using line in (as opposed to RCA) so no need for the blue/remote wire.

Sound quality is greatly improved. Still probably going to have to tweak the gain settings once I get a better feel for it.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold
Name: Shaun
919motoring's Tacoma Gallery
We use a parrot hands free t-harness so we don't have to cut factory wiring