1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by igomoto, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Aug 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    igomoto

igomoto [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NV
    Vehicle:
    05 DoubleCab SR5/ 86 Toyota P/U 4x4
    Tow Package, AFE Cold Air And A Sticker On The Rear Window
    Looking at upgrading the sound in my 05 DCSB SR5
    Bought the truck in June- It has an aftermarket Pioneer deck in it already so ill keep that if I can, and upon investigating I cannot find JBL on any of the speakers (im assuming only the TRDs and upgraded models have them?) and the ones in there are not putting off the greatest sound.. So I went down to the local audio shop to look at possible setups and they showed me a 10" Kicker Comp Slim Sub, Kicker Amp (Smallest one possible for this set up?) and factored in labor, parts and tax and quoted me $800 to do it (not including the box for the sub) When it comes to audio stuff I havent followed it at all so I have no idea what is a good set up other then clean sounding, and nor am I confident with doing electrical work (I can wrench all day but wiring and such is not my thing) - price range (for a decent set up)- Just want something clean, clear with some bass without any fear of blowing the speakers up if I do open the doors and play some music while im out riding.. Thanks for any input! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. Aug 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    $800 seems a little high for a sub, an amp, and labor to install those. But it depends on how much the sub and amp are. Exactly what sub and amp are you looking to get? I would call around to a few shops and ask how much they would charge.

3. Aug 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Also, you can save yourself some money if you install the stuff yourself. There's some great info out there on how to install everything you'd need. Crutchfield always has great info. And if you buy from them, you can call them and they will help you on the install too. You can call them prior to buying and they'll help you pick out all the right components. Here's a link to a generalized video on installing an amp. On that page there are a few links that might also be helpful if you decide to install it yourself.

Products Discussed in

To Top