iSimple Sirius integration for 2013

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
cdz419 is on a distinguished road
cdz419's Tacoma Gallery
iSimple Sirius integration for 2013

I've read a few posts on the VAIS Tech SL3SAT kit but has anyone tried this:

http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-ISTY11...ref=pd_sim_e_4

It seems like does the same thing but it's half the price. Is the VAIS unit that much better?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
tonyjr82 is on a distinguished road
Army: Finance Officer
Name: Tony
tonyjr82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdz419 View Post
I've read a few posts on the VAIS Tech SL3SAT kit but has anyone tried this:

http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-ISTY11...ref=pd_sim_e_4

It seems like does the same thing but it's half the price. Is the VAIS unit that much better?
I cant speak to the difference between the two but I can tell you that I have the VAIS setup installed in my 2013 and love it.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
I am sure you realize that what you have linked is only the interface; in other words it make the non-JBL HU Serius/xm ready. You still have to buy the tuner which is fairly cheap if you want to go with the external models, but that defeats the purpose of the box you have asked about.

The Vais unit is the interface and the tuner in 2 small boxes that rest on top of the HU and completely ( well almost) integrate into the OEM HU.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
cdz419 is on a distinguished road
cdz419's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
I am sure you realize that what you have linked is only the interface; in other words it make the non-JBL HU Serius/xm ready. You still have to buy the tuner which is fairly cheap if you want to go with the external models, but that defeats the purpose of the box you have asked about.

The Vais unit is the interface and the tuner in 2 small boxes that rest on top of the HU and completely ( well almost) integrate into the OEM HU.
I am indeed aware it just makes it Sirius-ready and would need a tuner (already have that). I can purchase the VAIS unit without the tuner and it seems to have a very good track record amongst folks here. I was hoping someone had tried the iSimple unit and if they had similar results since it's cheaper

Products Discussed in this Thread