1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3"JL audios instead of tweeters

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Prim3sTacoma, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Aug 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    Prim3sTacoma

Prim3sTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    11 4dr trd blue
    Blue balls, full stereo rewire and upgrade, Bullbar custom painted grill roof rails supercharger and trd intake and exhaust bronze rims new tires. Custom headlights with bi-xenon and projectors
    I have a 2011 dc no jbl and im redoing all speakers full rewire with matching color 16g wire amping new radio and under rear seat 8'' subs. My question is instead of staying with the originals or using adapters for JL tweeters could I use these http://www.jlaudio.com/c2-350x-car-audio-c2-coaxial-systems-99611
    instead?? Any help would be awesome. Oh and now that im able to do upgrades ill be posting all new equipment and install pictures. Thank again

2. Aug 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    Prim3sTacoma

Prim3sTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    11 4dr trd blue
    Blue balls, full stereo rewire and upgrade, Bullbar custom painted grill roof rails supercharger and trd intake and exhaust bronze rims new tires. Custom headlights with bi-xenon and projectors
    Wow I'm surprised I didn't get at least one response.

3. Aug 31, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    SlowComa666

SlowComa666 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 Access Cab 2WD
    if you could get them to fit only other problem is frequency overlap with the lower door speakers

4. Aug 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    TRD Toy85

TRD Toy85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    loaded 2013 TRD sport
    You can do what ever you want, but question is why .

There's plenty of other system upgrades I'd do before using these in your door.

My personal opinion door speakers should be highs , and mids . Crossovers are a plus .

These are mid-driver but they also claim to provide " powerful mid bass " which IMO is the last thing you want in the doors of our Toyotas

5. Aug 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    SlowComa666

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 Access Cab 2WD
    they will provide whatever frequencies you let them have i think these would be ideal if they fit, they might get the sound above my ankles

6. Sep 2, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    Prim3sTacoma

Prim3sTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    11 4dr trd blue
    Thanks for some info. Basically I wanted to do easy upgrades to the radio system. So far I installed a clarion 2Din, JL audio 6x9 up front and 6.5 in the rear. I amped them with a Kenwood eXcelon 4-ch and I was thinking why not change the tweeters also and since the amp is powering the speakers the radio can power up the 3.5 or tweeters depending on what I go with. I have to figure out whats best not sound wise not what just looks good on paper. I might go with the 3.5 only bc if I go with tweeters Im gonna have to order brackets again which isnt so bad but doesnt seem like a upgrade more like a even grade. Plus its actually cheaper to go with the 3.5 JL's instead of just tweeters from JL and gotta order brackets too. Thanks again for the help anymore help is more then welcome to help me decide.

7. Sep 2, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    spieler

spieler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    3" Lift kit/265 Duratracs/SCS Stealth 6 matte black wheels, OEM White grille switcheroo, TRD skid derped white, CSjumper drtl map dome parking lights fog light bulbs, Lifetime LED headlights, **Reverse light mod, Foglight anytime Mod, Trimmed mudflaps, Fully Debadged, 3rd brake light cover by well...me, Liquid Innovations black carbon dipped front emblem, G-Tek Fab diamond plate white door sill protectors, SOS Bolt-on Sliders bedlined, MattGecko rear window security bar, Hardwired Radar Detector w/custom sucker mount, Horse Stall Bed Mat, Audiocontrol LC2i with custom mount ACR-1 remote, Custom sub box behind drivers rear seat, Mag light holder behind seat, Center console organizer , Passenger seatbelt flapper fix, Tailgate anti-theft Mod, Bed storage Locks Mod, hygieneboy ghetto gutter grille guard
    You can very easily make any kind of tweeter bracket. If you went with 6x9s in the doors thats a lot of midbass and tweet already in the door and a midbass driver up that high will be overkill. just go with a quality tweet. The proper way to have done things would be to run them all on amps, not some on amp, some on factory wiring as you will have some issues getting them all to balance up. Also a high quality set of separates with crossovers will sound 100 times better if properly installed with sound deadening and proper sealed brackets. Spend the money properly and you will have an amazing sounding system.

8. Sep 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    SlowComa666

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 Access Cab 2WD
    spieler, it does not have to play midbass frequencies. that is what crossovers are for.

9. Sep 3, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    spieler

spieler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    3" Lift kit/265 Duratracs/SCS Stealth 6 matte black wheels, OEM White grille switcheroo, TRD skid derped white, CSjumper drtl map dome parking lights fog light bulbs, Lifetime LED headlights, **Reverse light mod, Foglight anytime Mod, Trimmed mudflaps, Fully Debadged, 3rd brake light cover by well...me, Liquid Innovations black carbon dipped front emblem, G-Tek Fab diamond plate white door sill protectors, SOS Bolt-on Sliders bedlined, MattGecko rear window security bar, Hardwired Radar Detector w/custom sucker mount, Horse Stall Bed Mat, Audiocontrol LC2i with custom mount ACR-1 remote, Custom sub box behind drivers rear seat, Mag light holder behind seat, Center console organizer , Passenger seatbelt flapper fix, Tailgate anti-theft Mod, Bed storage Locks Mod, hygieneboy ghetto gutter grille guard
    Very true. I just wouldn't spend money on something that wasn't that needed. So much other fun things to buy for the tacos!

10. Sep 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    overload

overload Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    13DCSB
    Another option would have been to get a set of 6.5 inch components for the front since the tweeter and woofer is seperate.

Products Discussed in

To Top