LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How do I remove these damn things???

Old 08-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
How do I remove these damn things???

So this is my wife's Camry... Have no clue how to remove these speaker cover things... Anyone know? They've become brittle from sitting in the sun and pieces are breaking off onto the speaker.

I broke this one off but the little mounting points are still there and idk how to get em out

This is the underside... I see nowhere to put a wrench or screwdriver... Help!

Old 08-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Tacorriendo has a spectacular aura aboutTacorriendo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Fred
Tacorriendo's Tacoma Gallery
Get a flat screw driver and pry them from the corners. The screws you see under are to remove the speaker itself, and not the cover. Other way is to get some needle nose pliers and go from the bottom squeezing the tabs on the clips and push upwards.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorriendo View Post
Get a flat screw driver and pry them from the corners. The screws you see under are to remove the speaker itself, and not the cover. Other way is to get some needle nose pliers and go from the bottom squeezing the tabs on the clips and push upwards.
Cool thx for the reply... I'm gonna try this tomorrow
Old 08-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure they aren't meant to be removed without removing the back deck panel itself as one piece that's probably why you broke the other one.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
I am pretty sure they aren't meant to be removed without removing the back deck panel itself as one piece that's probably why you broke the other one.
^^ This

You have to remove the entire rear shelf panel, which also requires removing the rear seat bolsters and seat back, unless the seats fold down, and also the rear "C" pillar covers, which likely just unclip.

Then you can remove the speakers
Old 08-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #6

Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGT View Post
^^ This

You have to remove the entire rear shelf panel, which also requires removing the rear seat bolsters and seat back, unless the seats fold down, and also the rear "C" pillar covers, which likely just unclip.

Then you can remove the speakers
WTF lol... You would think something that wasn't intended to be removed would last the life of the vehicle. The car is only an 05... Smh guess i may have to take it to a shop