Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

My New Project

Old 03-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
cmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Craig
cmfranks's Tacoma Gallery
My New Project

Recieved my speaker box from Mr. Marv the other day. Awsome work

Rattle canned it with Duplicolor Bed Liner after roughing it up alittle. So far, about 3 coats all the way around it. Not going to apply anymore, was told that it takes 7 days for it to fully cure.

Just got my Dynamat in today, 36 sq feet. That should cover the whole back wall along w/ the four doors???

Should get this installed at the first of the next week. Will post finished pics.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Project-speaker-box1.jpg   My New Project-speaker-box2.jpg   My New Project-speaker-box4.jpg   My New Project-misc-speaker-box.jpg   My New Project-sub-amp.jpg  

Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
You used bed liner to paint the box??? Like the idea. What else can you use to coat the box? Marv is making one for me right now too.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
I was thinking maybe some faux pink fur but that will only lead to this....My New Project-keyhole.jpg
Old 03-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
cmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGtaco View Post
You used bed liner to paint the box??? Like the idea. What else can you use to coat the box? Marv is making one for me right now too.
Yeah, still seems to be holding up pretty damn good. If you use Duplicolor, call them prior to spraying. They told me to use an oil based something before using the bed liner on wood. Oh, well it still looks pretty good.

Will post some install pics next week
Old 03-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
36 sq. ft should do it if your stingy and don't have any waste. Make SURE that you dynomat under the back windows or they'll rattle non stop. After I put fatmat on the back window there was no more rattiling in my truck.
Thanks for the heads up
Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #8

Wel today, the install took place. Placed Dynamat on the rear wall of the cab and installed the steering wheel control wire. Put in the mono amp (polk 500.1) and (2) 10 inch Polk Momo subs into the box Mr. Marv made for me. As already mentioned, I bed lined the box with Duplicolor Rattle can (6cans by the way) which looked pretty good.

After removing the brackets on the rear wall as well as the child restraint hooks, the box fit pretty damn good. The only down fall was the amp rack was made to fit the dimensions for the Polk 400 amp but after the install the seat would not lock without removing the rear plastic cover of the backing of the seats. (Was told i would not have to remove them as i needed them to haul things on when needed) As far as the sound, it is ok for now. Not what i expected though.

Still need to do some fine tuning to see if i can get the subs to sound the way i had them in my previous tacoma. Will call Mr. Marv tomorrow to see if we can fine tune them alittle more.

Andy, Thanks for coming out to the house to do the install.

I could only take a few pics until my battery died. Will get more tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Project-dsc00013.jpg   My New Project-dsc00014.jpg   My New Project-dsc00015.jpg   My New Project-dsc00016.jpg  
Old 03-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
nice!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #12

yes sir, that this weekends project. like the looks of yours, but i will probably go ahead and bed line the surround as well. if it looks shitty, can always repaint it or carpet it!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #14
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Very nice! But only 975 watts? What are you? Half a man? jp