Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Amp and door speakers.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
4byota is on a distinguished road
4byota's Tacoma Gallery
Amp and door speakers.

I just received the MA6004 JBL for a real good price and need to know if a harness kit would be needed here using the original head unit? Also, has anyone installed eight inch component speakers in the front doors? -Cheers
Old 09-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Prim3sTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Prim3sTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know what your referring to but I can say that I just replaced my entire system and it needs wires and adapters for everything. I suggest doing some good reading as I did before diving into a project. Hope this helped a little bit
Old 09-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
Using the factory HU, your only option is using the factory harness. Sharpen your soldering skills. Also, if your amp does not have line level (speaker inputs,) your SOL.

You can use the factory speaker wires for a single speaker, but for component speakers, you will need to run 2 sets of speaker wires from the amp to the speakers.

8 inch speakers may be an issue.... or plan on a very custom install.

Good luck
Old 01-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
4byota's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my Sony first. It was a lot easier than I though it would be. Soldered in a harness and the snap connectors for the panels were real easy if you take your time with prying the right spots.... ("that's what she said")
Attached Thumbnails
Amp and door speakers.-imag1757.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommiet View Post

You can use the factory speaker wires for a single speaker, but for component speakers, you will need to run 2 sets of speaker wires from the amp to the speakers.
Not true, most (if not all) components will run a single +\- from the amp and the have a crossover to split high and low frequencys to each component.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
4byota's Tacoma Gallery
Speakers are on the way....

Looks like I will have to post a new thread for the new 8" door speaker install since I don't see anyone has done this before...
Old 01-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #7
MARKDESMO will become famous soon enough
Name: Mark
MARKDESMO's Tacoma Gallery
You can check yourself to see if the speaker will fit. Just remove the door panel on either side. it is very easy and there are many diy threads here that will show you how.