Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Audio Control ACR-1 all up in your dash switch hole

Old 08-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
spieler will become famous soon enoughspieler will become famous soon enough

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Audio Control ACR-1 all up in your dash switch hole

Got the Audio Control ACR-1 today from Crotchfield and went to town raping my switch knockout left of the steering wheel. Pretty much had to gut the entire back and smooth it full out to get the switch and LED in there. Also had to remove the shrink wrapped cover on the ACR (sorry no pix) and grind down the LED connector to make it all fit. Notice in the pix I still retained the clips off of the knockout so it clicked right back in! One final thing you have to do because of the board width of the switch is notch out the dash where it slides in (you cant see it because its behind the switch and knockout. Only thing I wasnt able to do was get the knob straight because of the hole I drilled was a smidge off but that matters non to me and looks good enough in.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
that's slick, nice work. I have mine all ghetto rigged in one of the center plugs by the USB.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #3

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, My mute for my radar detector is in the area there so I figured thats a good spot, plus the wife cant mess with it there either lol!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I did something thing similar. I don't have 4 wheel drive, but I bought a 4 wheel drive switch and turned it into a volume knob for my subwoofer.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:49 AM   #5

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Brilliant, nice stealth install, and extra fun with people screwing with them I'm sure!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #6

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
so its been in for a while and the location is perfect for quick bass changes depending on listening. Dont have to look away from the road, just reach up and boom!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. I like that you can take it out or move it to another location relatively easily if you want.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #8

spieler's Tacoma Gallery
yessir. I did just that to see where I liked it the best.