Notices

High pitched squeal from door speaker

Old 08-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Thrive2Dive is on a distinguished road

Canadian Coast Guard: Volunteer
Name: Johnny
Thrive2Dive's Tacoma Gallery
High pitched squeal from door speaker

So, here is the problem. My two y/o daughter decided my stock cd player was a piggy bank, and fed it a bunch of change. The stereo would cut in and out, and finally a high pitched squeal came from the passengers door speaker. After that, the stereo was dead. I replaced it with a
JVC KW-R800BT, which works awesome. The problem is, I have no passenger side speaker. The tweeter works just fine, I triple checked all the connections, and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on why the speaker isn't working? Just wanna know if it is the speaker, or could the wiring be at fault?

I guess, I just may have to break down and buy those kick-ass after market speakers.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Test the speaker to see if its blown. Sounds like it is.

If you can get to the harness behind the HU run a little speaker wire to the speaker contacts in question and touch a 9v battery to the other end of the wires. If the speakers moves and makes noise it should work with the head unit. The noise it will make won't be good, it will sound like scratching kind of, but it's a start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIMHGkxw72o