1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

High pitched squeal from door speaker

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Thrive2Dive, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Aug 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    Thrive2Dive

Thrive2Dive [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Westcoast of British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma 2.7l
    3" Old Man Emu lift, Piaa 510 driving lights Viper Smart Start Alarm system JVC KW-R800BT
    So, here is the problem. My two y/o daughter decided my stock cd player was a piggy bank, and fed it a bunch of change. The stereo would cut in and out, and finally a high pitched squeal came from the passengers door speaker. After that, the stereo was dead. I replaced it with a
    JVC KW-R800BT, which works awesome. The problem is, I have no passenger side speaker. The tweeter works just fine, I triple checked all the connections, and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on why the speaker isn't working? Just wanna know if it is the speaker, or could the wiring be at fault?

I guess, I just may have to break down and buy those kick-ass after market speakers.

2. Aug 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Test the speaker to see if its blown. Sounds like it is.

If you can get to the harness behind the HU run a little speaker wire to the speaker contacts in question and touch a 9v battery to the other end of the wires. If the speakers moves and makes noise it should work with the head unit. The noise it will make won't be good, it will sound like scratching kind of, but it's a start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIMHGkxw72o

Products Discussed in

To Top