Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

JL Audio Stealth Box and components

Old 09-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
TacoDeBadAss is on a distinguished road
TacoDeBadAss's Tacoma Gallery
JL Audio Stealth Box and components

Hello Tacoma World,

Does anyone have the new JL Audio Stealth Box for the 2013 DCSB? I am thinking about getting it, along with JL Audio components for the front and coaxial for the rear with the stock HU.

If anyone of you have this audio set up, please let me know how you like it.

Tacoma on...
Old 09-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDeBadAss View Post
Hello Tacoma World,

Does anyone have the new JL Audio Stealth Box for the 2013 DCSB? I am thinking about getting it, along with JL Audio components for the front and coaxial for the rear with the stock HU.

If anyone of you have this audio set up, please let me know how you like it.

Tacoma on...
In my 2013 I have the JL Stealthbox, JL C5-650x component separates w x-overs in front, JL C2-650 2-ways in the rear, and a JL XD700/5 amp. Ditched the stock H/U for a Pioneer AppRadio3. I have the JL remote sub knob too. I am very happy with the system. Many people have sat in my truck and commented on how clean/clear it is. And of course If you want to turn it up, its distortion free and clear music that hurts your ears
Old 10-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
TacoAg09 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
TacoAg09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
In my 2013 I have the JL Stealthbox, JL C5-650x component separates w x-overs in front, JL C2-650 2-ways in the rear, and a JL XD700/5 amp. Ditched the stock H/U for a Pioneer AppRadio3. I have the JL remote sub knob too. I am very happy with the system. Many people have sat in my truck and commented on how clean/clear it is. And of course If you want to turn it up, its distortion free and clear music that hurts your ears
Do you ever wish you went higher caliber for the rear doors? I'm thinking about a very similar setup and trying to decide if its worth the money to go C3s
Old 10-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Most people focus on front staging for example like if you were at a concert that all the speakers are up front. Me personally I went with components front and rear in my ext cab. I run 2 sets of JL Audio ZR650-CSi. Then again my 1st Gen cab isn't a stretched limo so the rear speakers are pretty close to my ears therefore I don't feel like it was money wasted running rear components.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAg09 View Post
Do you ever wish you went higher caliber for the rear doors? I'm thinking about a very similar setup and trying to decide if its worth the money to go C3s
Isn't the C3 considered lower quality than the C5's I went with? I am very happy with my setup, I dont think *I* need anything nicer and this isnt a competition truck. It sounds great IMHO.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
Isn't the C3 considered lower quality than the C5's I went with? I am very happy with my setup, I dont think *I* need anything nicer and this isnt a competition truck. It sounds great IMHO.
He said rears your C2's.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
He said rears your C2's.
I called JL and the guy said his honest opinion is that the rear isnt that critical and you should focus on the front. I then spoke to another guy who is a JL reseller and without telling him what JL said, he said the same thing. The JL support rep told me go for TR650CXi, but I took a step up to the c2 for just a little more money.

Is that info the right info? beats me. I sit in the front and it sounds great. The rear fills in nice and sounds good too. Ignorance may be bliss.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #8

It's ultimately your decision, your truck, your listening preference cause everyone's ears/taste in music is different. I run full components front and rear and always had. Most people say focus on front sound staging and not so much in the rear. Again preference.