1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Z120BT to Z150BH in '06 Taco

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by krudawg, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Sep 4, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    krudawg

krudawg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Goodyear, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner V6 SR5
    I finally swallowed hard and had my Z120BT removed from my 06 Pre w/Access Cab and had the all-new Z150BH! The Z120 had the worst Blue Tooth on the planet. The Z150 Bluetooth works well. I did keep the rest of my sound system: ARC Amp (located under the Passenger Seat) and the Focal "Underseat" sub located under drivers seat.

The shop that performed the install did have a problem with the first Z150BH they put in - it had an error message about a problem with the screen backlighting. A call to Pioneer resulted in the confirmation that it was a "bad" unit and a new unit would be shipping out on Wednesday and I will have the "good" unit installed this weekend. In the mean time, I have the "bad" unit in my truck and to tell you the truth, it works great and I can't see that there is a problem.
    I'll put my Z120 on Craigslist for $400 and sell it; after all, it is a good system except for the Bluetooth "hands free" calling. It streams audio from my Iphone without any problems

Products Discussed in

To Top