Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Who still uses their CD player?

View Poll Results: Do you still use the CD player in your Tacoma?
Yes 236 55.14%
No 192 44.86%
Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #41
car78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
I use my CD player daily.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #42
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
I use it once or twice a week when there is nothing decent on XM or FM radio.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #43
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Constantly. I don't own an MP3 player, nor do I download music. I find a noticeable loss in sound quality. My collection is about 1000 CDs and I'm always buying more.

I also listen to a lot of underground and hardcore music that never got played on radio, even if I bought satellite I'm not sure I'd hear it.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #44
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
What is a CD Player?

J/K. I remember being in middle school, on the bus listening to the newest whatever CD on my portable CD player. Also remember how cool it was that I could put MP3's on a cd and listen to them on the CD player...I feel old...
Haha wait till you hit my age! I had records as a kid and remember CDs first coming out..ever seen the longbox packaging?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #45
Goon
MagicBeef will become famous soon enoughMagicBeef will become famous soon enough
Name: Marc
MagicBeef's Tacoma Gallery
On long trips I usually use it instead of constantly searching for radio stations or listening to pandora/8tracks struggle with spotty service. Still havent bothered putting music on my phone, I take way toomany pictures.

Back in Black has been in there since day 1
Old 09-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #46
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
only from time to time but i def do!
right now i got the 2nd Beastie Boys albun…. Paul's Boutique
Love the Boys, but that isn't the 2nd album..don't forget about Polly Wog Stew way back when
Old 09-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #47
SteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I didn't until yesterday when my iPhone died on me. So I had to break out my old CD case to jam out!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #48
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
MP3's are convenient but when it comes down to overall sound quality they do not surpass the quality of a CD. It depends what I'm listening to as to whether or not I need to listen to it on a CD. If it's something really rich in sound, I do prefer to have it on CD.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #49
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
'11 and I have never used it. I've had free XM since I drove it off the dealership lot. I also have the USA Spec "black box" hooked up in the back with my ipod plugged in to it, but I almost never use that either.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #50
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
What is a CD Player?

J/K. I remember being in middle school, on the bus listening to the newest whatever CD on my portable CD player. Also remember how cool it was that I could put MP3's on a cd and listen to them on the CD player...I feel old...
Dude... I had a Cassette player as a walkman until 2007! When training for fights... I'd go running with it in a "fanny pack"! lol!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #51
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
Dude... I had a Cassette player as a walkman until 2007! When training for fights... I'd go running with it in a "fanny pack"! lol!
I miss walkmans. I used to get a new one every Christmas, I recall having a waterproof one... was probably just sweat proof. As a kid, when fanny packs were 'popular' I knew that the other kids with them were weaker than me because that's where they kept their inhaler. Now as an 'adult' I kind of wish I had a fanny pack because it seems like a good place to put things.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #53
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a new truck last week and was damned pleased to see that even with the whole nav/Entune mess, it still has a CD slot. I'll listen to FM, XM, CD or possibly MP3 if I happen to have my player in the truck. I can certainly see why they're moving away from putting multi-disc changers in vehicles now, but glad this technology isn't completely gone yet.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #54
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
I still play CDs, shoot my phone is still just a flip phone that only makes calls becuase I don't even have a text plan.

My wife got a MP3 player one year for Xmas which was amazing to use in the car, but a few dusty off road trips and couple of drops in the dirt and its now dead.

Yep its CDs and the local radio station for this cheap bastard.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #55
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a cd burned with silence named AUX so I can play over it with my aux input mod.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #56
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
with my Pioneer double din, between micro SD card, bluetooth streaming, iPod hookup, and aux in, MAYBE play a CD once every couple of months lol. could do without it :P
Old 09-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #57
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreidTaco View Post
I have a cd burned with silence named AUX so I can play over it with my aux input mod.

How does that work with Dflux unicam wiring, did you route it through the sherm fuse to prevent over heating of the valve modulator

Holy crap I'm old!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #60
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
you long bed guys should carry them so you can use it as a signal mirror for when you get high centered and stuck.

Products Discussed in this Thread