Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Who still uses their CD player?

View Poll Results: Do you still use the CD player in your Tacoma?
Yes 236 55.14%
No 192 44.86%
Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #81
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I don't remember the last time I played a CD in anything. Been quite a while. Between Sirius/XM, Pandora/Entune, bluetooth....no need for a bunch of CDs taking up space.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #82
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
I have over 1500 albums on CD, and I'm still buying them. I don't own an i-anything or an mp3 player, and only use the AUX-in to reference masters/mixes of the music I'm working on.

Call me old-school or archaic, but I am a modern-day record junkie.

makes sense that you live in olympia now.. the outcast city of hi tech seattle... oooo burn...
Old 09-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #84
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
It's been a couple years since I've inserted a CD.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #85
JaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaxJim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaxJim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
yeah I remember when those came out. I got one and installed it into the glove box. Playing some Creedence Clearwater Revival etc...
I had an in-dash 8 track in my 69 Camaro (my first car). I think it was a Craig and I had Jensen 6x9's in the rear deck. Yes, I'm old...

As to the topic: I never used the CD in my 2000 truck, not used it in my 2004 Porsche, not used it in the Taco yet. I listen to talk radio (sports & Politics) or XM music.

ETA: Come to think of it, I didn't use the CD in either of my Corvettes, either the 93 or the 98. The 98 had a 6 cd changer in it (so does the Porsche). My Wife uses hers ALL the time though so she makes up for me.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #86
09dcsb will become famous soon enough09dcsb will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
09dcsb's Tacoma Gallery
I put my Sirius in my work truck and yes I do listen to my cd player steady. actually just bought a cheap mp3 player to go to the gym with, and just upgraded to a smartphone a few months ago. I hate keeping up with technology!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #88
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
I use the Bluetooth exclusively. I hardly own any cd's and 33's don't fit in the disc player.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #90
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadianTaco View Post
8 tracks, cassettes and now CD's , uugh anything come out since? Did I miss something?
mp3
Old 09-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #91
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I installed a Kenwood Media receiver in my truck about two years ago and have never missed the CD slot/changer one bit. Runs off an old IPod.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #92
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
You wanna learn how to use a computer, rather than point and click? Go and use Dos-Prompt.
And forget Notepad... Edlin was a great editor.

But if you really want to learn how to use a computer, my first program was written for a machine that had no keyboard and no monitor.
Spent a week punching cards for a mortgage amortization table calculator.
Test run program, verify output from daisy-wheel printer... then spend the next week finding the card with the error.

Realize the program was running properly, the printer ran out of paper because I set the payment $10 /month below the interest.
Apologize to math analysis teacher for wasting paper.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #93
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Never had a CD in my truck yet. XM radio & Aux gets the music to the speakers.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #94
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
was usin the cd/tape deck combo till last week...got indash dvd nav now freakin awesome!!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #95
cbrcolin is on a distinguished road

Name: Colin
cbrcolin's Tacoma Gallery
I get much better audio volume from my CD player than I do when I use my aux input. Maybe I need some kind of booster.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #96
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
I have over 1500 albums on CD, and I'm still buying them. I don't own an i-anything or an mp3 player, and only use the AUX-in to reference masters/mixes of the music I'm working on.

Call me old-school or archaic, but I am a modern-day record junkie.
donít feel bad. my dad is 62 almost 63, and probably has more than that. i think it will be 2 years(maybe3) at Christmas we got him a 160Gb i pod and i looked at it the other day and i think it as less than 20Gb's of free space.

he has a bunch of records he wants to put on CD's and put on an ipod.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #97
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
donít feel bad. my dad is 62 almost 63, and probably has more than that. i think it will be 2 years(maybe3) at Christmas we got him a 160Gb i pod and i looked at it the other day and i think it as less than 20Gb's of free space.

he has a bunch of records he wants to put on CD's and put on an ipod.
One of these days I want to back them up on my ext. HD, but that will be a long and tedious chore.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #98
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I use my CD player and Bluetooth since some songs sound better from a CD compared to bluetooth
Old 09-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #99
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, use the CD player every time I get in the truck. I don't have a fancy satellite radio or a hand-held music player to plug up. Hell, I don't even have radio. No antenna on the truck- previous owner broke it off down far enough to where I'm going to have to drill it out to put another one on. But I do have an antenna ready for that when the time comes- pulled one off my buddy's '89 Camaro after we yanked the engine before sending it to the scrapper. Still got tape players in both of our vans, the Honda didn't have any music. And got a couple 8-track players from some of our old cars in the garage.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #100
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Yup, use the CD player every time I get in the truck. I don't have a fancy satellite radio or a hand-held music player to plug up. Hell, I don't even have radio. No antenna on the truck- previous owner broke it off down far enough to where I'm going to have to drill it out to put another one on. But I do have an antenna ready for that when the time comes- pulled one off my buddy's '89 Camaro after we yanked the engine before sending it to the scrapper. Still got tape players in both of our vans, the Honda didn't have any music. And got a couple 8-track players from some of our old cars in the garage.
Holy old school. I love the fact that you used "fancy" in your post too. Reminds me of the "Grumpy Old Man" skit from Saturday Night Live - circa mid nineties.
"And we didn't have yer fancy tooth brushes. We just let our teeth rot, AND WE LIKED IT!"

Products Discussed in this Thread