LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Who still uses their CD player?

View Poll Results: Do you still use the CD player in your Tacoma?
Yes 236 55.14%
No 192 44.86%
Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #121
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned my truck for a little over a year now and still have not ever put a single CD in my stereo...I can't even remember the last time I bought a CD. But then again I have bluetooth w/plenty of music on my ipod and XM so I can't imagine when I'd ever need the CD player.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #122
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
I've owned my truck for a little over a year now and still have not ever put a single CD in my stereo...I can't even remember the last time I bought a CD.
x2
Old 10-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #124
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Location: south Florida - not from here though, I can count AND spell
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
I still have mix CDs on my visors and use the disc player several times a week. Notably on my Wednesday commute home, when the shitty NPR affiliate here broadcasts the Miami-Dade school board meetings *in their entirety*.

And, no, there are no other affiliates in this area to listen to. The closest is WQCS out of Fort Pierce/Saint Lucie since WXEL went to a music-only-cause-we-suck-at-fundraising model a year or so ago.

WLRN blows goats if you aren't republican, immigrant or hispanic

*threadjack off

But, yes, I still use my CD player. I just burnt a copy of Hugh Laurie's new album to check out, since I won't be anyplace to buy one retail till prolly early next month.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #125
GWinstead is on a distinguished road
Army:
GWinstead's Tacoma Gallery
Automotive sound engineers refer to an in dash CD player as a hot brick.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #126
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Use my CD a few times every week. Mix it up between that and Pandora one.
I still love to collect CDs, vinyl, shoot even cassettes if I like the album art.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #127
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Even when I still had a CD player in it, I hadn't used it in years.

iPod and streaming Pandora for me.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #128
Ga tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudy
Ga tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
It's been a couple years since I've inserted a CD.

According to the owner's manual, the shiny side goes down when you put in the CD.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #129
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Gray View Post
Yep, but not for CDs. New cell phone mount. Great for movies for the kids.

I have the same phone mount... Works good, Not great as it can wiggle loose and pop out if you hit a big enough bump but does the job.

Use it mostly for GPS, Sirius radio and pandora apps... I do have about 4 CDs in the changer though, 3 mixed CDs that I listened to before I got the PA15-TOY ipod/aux interface and some CD a band was giving out at the bars (Guitar and drums were fantastic but the lead singer sucks, Almost sounded like he had downs)
Old 11-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #130
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
I use my CD player everyday. I buy new CDs because I still have a real stereo at home.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #131
nofearracer is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
nofearracer's Tacoma Gallery
I still use it once in a while when i forget my Sony MP3 player. I have a Grom Audio hookup through the external CD changer hookup in the back of the stock head unit in my '05. It works great because it also charges the MP3 player while i play it. I agree nothing beats the sound quality of a CD. Still got a Ted Nugent 8 Track (Free for All)from when i was a kid!! And my Atari 2600!! Ouch!! That hurts to admit that....
Old 12-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #132
Fuzzy Dustmite is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
Fuzzy Dustmite's Tacoma Gallery
I have CDs, and rip them as lossless to my 160gb ipod, so no loss in quality there. But yes in my 02 (that I just got) I have been using CDs again.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #133
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dustmite View Post
I have CDs, and rip them as lossless to my 160gb ipod, so no loss in quality there. But yes in my 02 (that I just got) I have been using CDs again.
x2
Old 12-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #134
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Pioneer head unit with CD, USB, and Bluetooth. The CD player can use data discs, so I still use it.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #136
maykevin5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
maykevin5's Tacoma Gallery
I use DVD's and bluetooth now
Old 12-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #137
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
I use XM. Howard 100
Old 12-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #138
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I use mainly the radio and my MP3 player. But my MP3 player tends to be full of 1 or 2 songs from an album. So sometimes I'll throw in a CD to listen to the whole thing. Also, when I download an album I burn it to a CD just in case the computer ever takes a dumb. Once in while 1 of those burned CDs finds it's way into my truck. So yeah...I still use mine some and wouldn't dream of not having it.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #139
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
those of us with pre 09 trucks are kindof stuck with it if we want to maintain a factory head unit
not really google usa spec ipod or bluetooth intergration.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #140
00PowderSpecial is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
00PowderSpecial's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pioneer app radio installed and it doesn't have a cd player so no, I don't use cd's.

Products Discussed in this Thread