Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Who still uses their CD player?

View Poll Results: Do you still use the CD player in your Tacoma?
Yes 236 55.14%
No 192 44.86%
Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery
Who still uses their CD player?

Just wondering when the CD player will go the way of the cassette deck.

I don't think I ever use my CD player, I generally will utilize the USB and/or bluetooth audio connect, or the satellite/am/fm radio.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes...I find old CDs I forgot about and jam out.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
those of us with pre 09 trucks are kindof stuck with it if we want to maintain a factory head unit
Old 09-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I do, i put 20 of my favorite songs on a CD that stays in the player in case i forget a cord to hook my iPod or phone up.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I used my ipod and cds when I had my touch screen but ever since it got stolen last year i put in the stock 6 disc changer and just use that.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
What is a CD Player?

J/K. I remember being in middle school, on the bus listening to the newest whatever CD on my portable CD player. Also remember how cool it was that I could put MP3's on a cd and listen to them on the CD player...I feel old...
Old 09-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't even used the CD player yet and I don't plan to. I stream with Bluetooth exclusively.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTRD View Post
I haven't even used the CD player yet and I don't plan to. I stream with Bluetooth exclusively.
same here, its almost to easy now. Just start the car and the last song you were listening to on the phone pops up.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
What is a CD Player?

J/K. I remember being in middle school, on the bus listening to the newest whatever CD on my portable CD player. Also remember how cool it was that I could put MP3's on a cd and listen to them on the CD player...I feel old...
I remember the day my friend showed me how to disable the switch that would shut the unit off when the cover was opened. With anti-skip you could swap CDs and it would instantly switch over to the new album at that exact point.

I bought a Sony Discman with my first paycheck from my first job in high school...how's that for dating myself.

To the OP, I have used my CD player once when I grabbed the new Jimmy Eat World CD a few months ago.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #10
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Still use my CD player. Bought a casette tape to play in my dad's 04 while I was driving it around to feel some nostalgia lol. But seriously, I usually just buy CD's and burn them onto my computer to put on my iPod. The CD's usually wind up in my truck as well.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
17k miles... A cd has never been in my truck.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Occasionally a Jimmy Buffett CD finds its way into my cd player, that's about it
Old 09-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a CD in mine, but I don't know.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I used my CD player back in my 03 Camry since it was a six CD changer but I did use my CD player until I realized I could stream my music via bluetooth
Old 09-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
dafloydboy will become famous soon enough

Name: M.L. Evans
dafloydboy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, you all make me feel like an old fart, hell I just got rid of my old cassette deck from my house. But I just last weekend went on a long ride in my Tacoma and played pink Floyd the wall from front to back with a cd, usually I just use XM.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
I only use the USB stick anymore. So convenient. A 16gb stick only 1/3 full plays a heck of a long time and I can add more all the time.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #17
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafloydboy View Post
Wow, you all make me feel like an old fart, hell I just got rid of my old cassette deck from my house. But I just last weekend went on a long ride in my Tacoma and played pink Floyd the wall from front to back with a cd, usually I just use XM.
Pink Floyd is ok under any format.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #18
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I do when I get out of radio range. No songs on this phone. Would not even k ow where to start.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Ga tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudy
Ga tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, some of just had 8 track players not too long ago.......
Old 09-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
dafloydboy will become famous soon enough

Name: M.L. Evans
dafloydboy's Tacoma Gallery
8 tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga tacoguy View Post
Hey, some of just had 8 track players not too long ago.......
Aahhh those were the days.

Products Discussed in this Thread